Where to buy egg crates cheap

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm not really finding any for sale on here, I've been running around to restaurants but no one seems to have any......any good sources you can point me to?

wraith

Arachnopeon
Go to Walmart and go into their deli or bakery section (most have one or the other) and ask them if they have any empty egg crates. Generally they will give you as many as you want since they go through so many eggs and toss them anyways. I got over fifty in one trip once, all free.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Walmart, I never thought of Walmart.....I will go there tomorrow. Gracias!

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got to the local bar and grill and buy about 25 for $0.00

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just find a farmer's market to buy your eggs from, and they will probably keep them in egg crates. Or, go to a chain grocery store that uses cardboard egg crates.

blash

Arachnopeon
I buy mine new and untouched at ebay. Some used eggcrates are chemically treated with stuff to keep them from molding or even to keep away insects.

This can be a huge setback if you have big colonies and they die because someone gave you some used crates for free. ;)

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just found this site: http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/quail-egg-trays-paper.html

Not bad prices and they sell the 30 egg or 50 egg flats in packs of 10 for around $3-4. With shipping it's 12 bucks. Enasco.com is pretty cheap, but I don't need that much. You can get them for free at certain places like many have said, but right now I don't have any places around to ask.