Where to buy centipedes?

Roly Poly

Arachnopeon
Where do you guys buy yours? I'm not sure which online stores to trust - I want to make sure I get a live, healthy centipede!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Here in Italy is pretty easy to find (literally. S.cingulata, for instance, lives in the wild, here) and buy those, via Fa(r)cebook or directly from breeders, and at IMO very interesting prices, especially for S.hardwickei.
No shipping outside the boot, of course.

Being you I will check this site:

http://www.mikeshouseofathousandlegs.com

By far one of the best Centipedes keeper/breeder here on this site as well. Christ, I can't buy from him because I live forever KM away :banghead:

Scoly

Arachnobaron
Depends where you live... The fact you're asking in English means you're probably in Australia, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, USA or one of the many other English speaking countries in the world. Am I right? ;-)

Scoly

Arachnobaron
But the less pedantic answer is yes, you can generally trust online dealers. Most of them have accounts on here with review pages, so you can find out about them first. Do a search in the classifieds for "scolopendra" and you'll get a fair idea of people who regularly stock pedes.

Roly Poly

Arachnopeon
Haha sorry, I'd forgotten it doesn't say my location under my username like on other forums. I'm in Florida :)

Thanks for the link I'll have a look at that!