Where online to buy frozen pinkies?

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey all I'm trying to find some place online or from a board member to buy some pinkie mice for my pixie frog. Anyone know of any good dealers that they would recommend? I would probably be wanting to order +-50 of them. Any help would be appreciated. Thx!

-Mike

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i forgot about mousedirect, they are good too. basically any of those three you will be fine with

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I also found that Worm Man carries them too.

100 Pinkie Mice Per Bag $59.95 Free Shipping

RodentPro is $47.60 shipped for 100.

It seems that shipping can be a big issue for a lot of places. There isn't anyone around here to share an order to cut down on shipping costs elsewhere.

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm lucky enough to have bigcheeserodents.com in my area, so I can save on shipping. I'll let everyone know how it went when I get back from there tomorrow, for review/feedback purposes. Thanks for the links.

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I did more reading into a pixie's diet and I doubt that I'll be needing to buy pinkies in bulk. I appreciate all the input though. A few pinkies every 2 or 3 weeks is about all I'll feed him.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've had really good luck with Big Cheese and Rodent Pro. Big Cheese vacuum packs in case you don't use that many at a time, to keep them from freezer burning and essentially freeze drying. Rodent Pro just packs them in basic freezer zip lock bags.

After getting screwed over by Wormman, I wouldn't recommend them for used bottle caps, their customer service is extremely poor.

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cajunmice.com also vacuum packs which I like. I also love the fact that you can tell them how many mice in each vacuum pack. Vacuum sealed mice stay fresh for a min. of 6 months.

Using your statement, "..A few pinkies every 2 or 3 weeks is about all I'll feed him." Assuming you feed a single pinky /week, within 6 months, your frog will have consumed 24 pinkies. This will cost you initially only $30.00 (roughly $1.25 per pinky). No more wasting gas driving to the store. No more wondering whether the mice are fresh.

Buying 50 pinky will drop the price down to $0.75 per pinky. And since pixie frogs grow extremely fast, buying 50 may be your best option.

Last edited:

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Used Bigcheese for the first time today, everything went well. Vacuum packed as stated earlier, good product, good price. I went up there with an ice chest, with ice, and he sent some dry ice with just to be sure they stayed fresh. Quality assurance is always a plus.
My L. triangulus gaigae ate for the first time in my care for me. I'm very pleased.

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ahhh, another black milksnake keeper. I love my pair alot. I must warn, BM have an extremely strong feeding response, but also an extremely calm demeanor during the rest of the time.

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ahhh, another black milksnake keeper. I love my pair alot. I must warn, BM have an extremely strong feeding response, but also an extremely calm demeanor during the rest of the time.
I hope you don't mind me getting off subject...
Could you go into more detail on this?
Actually I'm moving this information to a new thread... please post reply there.