Where have you bought most of your Ts?

Where have you bought most of your Ts?

• Lps

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Classifieds (Craigslist, Newspaper, etc.)

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Internet (Arachnoboards and any other site)

Votes: 50 59.5%
  • Other

Votes: 16 19.0%

• Total voters

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So where have you got most of your Ts? I have got most of my Ts from different pet stores. I've bought a couple off craigslist and about to get two more. I haven't ventured into buying online.... YET!

Last edited:

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
It was a tough call for me because I have a local reptile expo every month, but I think my online purchases have passed up my expo purchases.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Most have come off of hobbyists off this site and I have over 100.

PIG-

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I acquired most of my Ts on two seperate occasions, from hobbyists selling their entire collections.

I also visit shows once in a while and I also also scour through the ads on an hourly basis. lol

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Ab

AB all the way & love it:D I have met some great T enthusiast like myself. Not to mention all the dealers are on here as well.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Almost all of my collection has been bought or traded from members right here on AB.. Except 3 from a LPS when I first got into the hobby.. Then another 3 that I bought from a dealer...

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am lucky to have a GREAT LPS here,and CL has treated us VERY well as of late..........(30 dollar versi females)

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've purchased a few off of Craigslist, local shows and from dealers I know personally in the area but 90% of what I have/used to have came from dealers online.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey y'all, Why does it not surprise me most purchases were done online?! :rolleyes: I do have one lps purchase- my big ole Theraphosa sp. I would have gotten more there but selection is low due to the arachnid hobby not being too popular here. You know....the old "if it ain't a dog or a cat and you can't eat it" adage applies well here. :razz:

Terry

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Most of mine have come from the classifides section on the boards. I got a decent amount at a local-ish reptile expo. I have only bought a small number from dealers (websites).

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I put "Other"

As most have come from Private Breeders, Importers & Hobbyists...a few @ shows, and a couple Baboons, Rose-hairs & Pink-Toes from LPS {Only in rescent Year, have they been acquired from various Forums/Sites}.

My 1st breeding was w/ a Petco purchased Pink-Toe Female = $24.99 :p & LPS MM = $19.99 *Wink*

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
all of my Ts so far are LPS finds. i am very fortunate to have two in the area that have a few employees with at least some semblance of knowlege of inverts and a decent selection. the one closest to my house actually goes way over and above though, most of my slings are CB from the owners own Ts :) some seriously awesome, stuff.

i occasionally scout other stores for Ts, but the only other place that actually takes care of their Ts here is petco. we also have a pet extreme, but... ugh, lets not go there. i was so mad the last time i went in there and the employee "justified" how they were housing and treating their poor rosehairs.

My 1st breeding was w/ a Petco purchased Pink-Toe Female = $24.99 :p
ha, my wonderful, not pyscho, rosehair is a petco girl! she's the best tempered of my entire collection, oddly enough.

Last edited:

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Three out of my current 4 tarantulas I got from KenTheBugGuy's online store. I have one rosie who I got from a LPS as a rescue, they were NOT taking great care of him... So I have him now and he's doing better. I'd get more locally, but no where in my area sells them.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
AB all the way & love it:D I have met some great T enthusiast like myself. Not to mention all the dealers are on here as well.
Sorry to get off topic , but is that a balfouri in your avatar ? I wouldn't have the guts too do that stunt lol

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine have all either come from the classifieds here, or in the past I used the breeder links on here to buy from. Only a handful of my t's I've ever bought in a petstore.

Zavia

Arachnopeon
My first 2 tarantulas were ones I caught 1 is from petco 3 from jamiestarantuls.com i traded another wild caught texas brown for 2 others on aracnoboards.
When my boyfriend brought home the first tarantula i told him he could keep me or her. a few beers later I was holding her and told him if she goes im going too :) and our collection grew from there.

Hersh77tess

Arachnosquire
1 from Lps. ($100 5" Acanthoscurria Juruinicola) and the other 13 from ken and Jamie. Going to my first expo later this month!

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
I am lucky to have a GREAT LPS here,and CL has treated us VERY well as of late..........(30 dollar versi females)
Hey, Brett! You're close to me! :D We're very lucky to have a couple of great ones out here!
Also, Ken the Bug Guy isn't too awfully far away. My Ts have all come from our local LPS' and Ken so far. :)