Where have all the blondi's gone?

Mandi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been out of the loop for a few years, and I am just starting up my collection again. I really miss having a blondi so I've been looking around for one but no one seems to have them any more. Did something happen while I was gone? I notice there are a few more theraphosa species but its just not the same as having a big bad blondi!

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What happened is the majority of T.blondi in the hobby ended up being Theraphosa sp."Burgandy" which is now Theraphosa stirmi which leaves the real true Theraphosa blondi quite rare :X
There are a couple dealers selling spiderlings of the real blondi currently tho just do a search!
-Chris

Mandi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
true blondi's are the light sandy brown colored ones right? Thats what I had before. I might go with a burgandy then, if they were mistaken for blondi's they would have the same build and "sunny ;P" disposition that I miss :-D
I am going to check those shops you guys mentioned too, thanks!

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
True blondis when you don't have the pink feet. Fran is probably your best resource on info on these guys. I believe its paul at pet center that has them could be wrong though

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When younger Theraphosa stirmi have the front four legs with pink feet, they also posess no hair on the patella, there are carapace differences I have noticed as well. Theraphosa blondi have no pink feet and are quite hairy, of course with hair on the patella. Theraphosa apophysis have all eight legs with pink feet in younger specimens and their spermathacae are extremely distinctive, far more than that of the difference between strimi and blondi. The distinctions carry on but I don't think its necessary to list them all. Side note, a fourth Theraphosa is being introduced (I have it on good authority) and it may finally shed some light on two Theraphosa I posess that lack the
distinctive characteristics of the other 3.

Mandi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think im going to go with a burgandy, I love the mean T's I saw that swift had some burgandies, but Im also thinking about getting a T that my son can help with as well. He wants a smithi but they grow so slooooooooooooooow I'm trying to talk him into an avic as well since they are pretty docile but grow a bit faster. I dont think I am going to let him handle his own t, but I want him to be able to feed it. Obviously I cant let him feed my crawshayi or the burgandy I'm going to get lol!

Last edited: