Where do YOU buy Ts online?

kmhvmh

Arachnopeon
Just looking for suggestions of where people purchase online. Good prices, good shipping, good deals. And no one better say backwater reptiles.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There was a post just like this only a few days ago, look for Petkokc 's post.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wouldn't buy from Pet Center, he's a known tarantula smuggler.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I live in Finland and I mostly order tarantulas from Germany, from the site terraristik.com

darkness975

dream reaper
Arachnosupporter +
I live in Finland and I mostly order tarantulas from Germany, from the site terraristik.com
The fact that the site is in German doesn't bother me because I speak the language, but is there a translation option for those that don't? I couldn't find one.

Also interesting that it is a .com site and not .de

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Can you elaborate?
Yeah he was caught smuggling, the USA Federal Authorities caught him, he turned state's evidence, and sang a song so the authorities could catch a bigger fish than him. He participated in a sting operation to catch the other guy.

If you want the documents and such, use google. There are MANY MANY news articles about this publicly available. It was in many major news outlets.

The info is on AB too with US Federal Court documents

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/us-dealer-involved-in-smuggling-revealed-in-court-documents.211012/

Last edited:

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Netbug

Jamies tarantulas

When they had a site up, Tbreeders

Here on the boards, @skippydude (haven't seen him online in a while)

Seriously considering ordering from Arachnoiden, fear not tarantula, and punchers & pokies

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The fact that the site is in German doesn't bother me because I speak the language, but is there a translation option for those that don't? I couldn't find one.

Also interesting that it is a .com site and not .de
I don't think there's a translation option. If I remember correctly, I relied on google translate when I was making an account there. After that it's been easy. Most of the sellers speak good english.

darkness975

dream reaper
Arachnosupporter +
I don't think there's a translation option. If I remember correctly, I relied on google translate when I was making an account there. After that it's been easy. Most of the sellers speak good english.
Ah good ol' Google. I'll give the site a look just for curiosity sake. I am not in the EU so no purchasing options for me there.

Olan

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Arachnoiden is excellent. Good prices, excellent packing and communication. Lots of interesting species too.

Swifts.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Yeah he was caught smuggling, the USA Federal Authorities caught him, he turned state's evidence, and sang a song so the authorities could catch a bigger fish than him. He participated in a sting operation to catch the other guy.

If you want the documents and such, use google. There are MANY MANY news articles about this publicly available. It was in many major news outlets.

The info is on AB too with US Federal Court documents

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/us-dealer-involved-in-smuggling-revealed-in-court-documents.211012/
I don't particularly have time to do deep research on this right now, but he was never convicted as far as I can see. I was on break from the hobby when this all went down. My personal interactions with Paul have been pleasant. He invited me over to his store last time I was in L.A. and showed me is operation and many spiders. This is all a bit unsettling for me. :confused:

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Besides those already mentioned, I've had good experiences with jrsinverts.com and jabberwockreptiles.com.

I've also bookmarked naturesexquisitecreatures.com, undergroundreptiles.com (met them at a local reptile expo), and k8inverts.com but have no first-hand experience with them.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Only one I've ordered from so far was Net-bug.com. Anastasia was great with communication and included an extra vial for my sling to live in for a while. I chuckled when i opened the package and the first vial resd " a. Versicolor." The second, larger vial read "home for a. Versicolor."

Also Craigslist.

darkness975

dream reaper
Arachnosupporter +
Don't order from a reptile vendor.

And Craigslist is only good if you happen by luck to find a specimen you might be after at a decent size for a decent price and not half dead.