where can i purchase a black widow?

soulreaver_x01

Arachnopeon
any one know where i can purchase a black woidow??i have quite a few t's,and would like to add this beauty to my collection.any one think of other interesting true spiders to collect??

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
me

u can purchase em from me i got a few one had babies and others r possibly gravid!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
THere are many people on these boards that sell Latrodectus spp.

I think your refering to L. hesperus, since they are the most known "black widow" Look into some of the different species as well, they are gorgeous! Check out the Latrodectus picture thread for that.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
orb weavers (specifically Nephila spp. and Argiope spp.)
jumping spiders (e.g. Phidippus audax)
agelenopsis spp. (grass spiders) are very very common but personally I think they're pretty cool
and if you're going for a black widow for the beauty, look at L. sp. "Laos"

...you probably were already aware of all of these, actually. these are just ones I'm interested in. :razz:

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
any one know where i can purchase a black woidow??i have quite a few t's,and would like to add this beauty to my collection.any one think of other interesting true spiders to collect??
if you would like a Latrodectus hesperus, I can send you a week old egg sac that i guarantee is fertile. its her second sac, and the first one hatched a few days ago....that's how i know its fertile.

i can also send you 100+ slings from that first sac i mentioned.

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,

I highly recommend KuJordan. I recently (2 months ago) purchased a couple of female L hesperus from him. Being a newbie to the widow fan club I had zillions of questions BEFORE I bought anything from him. He always answered my questions right away. His advise has always been right on.

When I recieved my two girls I was really amazed at how well they were packaged. They were in perfect condition and very healthy. Buy from him - you can't go wrong.

Here is a link to his reviews:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=79176

Tom

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Any takers?

I've also got a week old egg sac that's due to hatch in the next month hopefully. I can send that as well. Just PM me.

Latrodectus hesperus

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just captured a mom, took alot of guts and i use spice jars that have the lids you can pop open with holes on one side or pour on another. She sits here infront of me so i can get use to her presents. I laugh at ppl who want to buy a spider i can give them as they please.

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I laugh at ppl who want to buy a spider i can give them as they please.
All spiders are native to somewhere. I'm sure in their countries of origin people shake their heads at us crazies paying high prices for their big bugs. Not everyone lives where it's easy to go out and collect even spiders that are native to their area. To many it might make more sense to just purchase them, after all time can be money.

Of course if someone will give it to them for free... :razz: