Where can I get true spiders?

jllobet

Arachnopeon
Does anybody know where I can order a black widow and other true spiders? have been looking all over the net without any luck. :wall:
or a store in North Jersey would be cool too. :D

mackids

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
jllobet:
I am also from jersey. You won't find a store that carries any widow (latrodectus) species. I suggest searching the classified section for latrodectus and see what comes up. If I am not mistaken Novak is selling a few females for a good price. Goodluck in your search

ChuckKristensen

Arachnopeon
True spiders

We're happy to see more interest in typical spiders. More dealers are starting to handling them and it seems that hobbyists are learning to appreciate the diversity. Hopefully, this is also translating into more interest in local fauna ... wherever you are.

We're supplying a few live non-hazardous species, mostly from Arizona, and are also selling preserved Latrodectus, Loxosceles and Centruroides, but are not shipping live hazardous species to indivduals.

Hazardous species should not be shipped by most carriers and, as far as we know, only Delta Air Cargo will accept them in the USA, with special packaging.

Chuck
Spider Pharm

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
sorry i'm a bit late to reply, but you can order some true spiders from spiderpharm.com so far i've only ordered a few jumpers from them, but i am planning on ordering from them again in the future.

Arachnoheebs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Did you check with Todd Gearheart? He has true spiders also.

Peace-
M.

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
We're happy to see more interest in typical spiders. More dealers are starting to handling them and it seems that hobbyists are learning to appreciate the diversity. Hopefully, this is also translating into more interest in local fauna ... wherever you are.

We're supplying a few live non-hazardous species, mostly from Arizona, and are also selling preserved Latrodectus, Loxosceles and Centruroides, but are not shipping live hazardous species to indivduals.

Hazardous species should not be shipped by most carriers and, as far as we know, only Delta Air Cargo will accept them in the USA, with special packaging.

Chuck
Spider Pharm
I will note that shipping by Delta cargo is rather pricey for small shipments and Delta informed me (after learning it was "TARANTULAS :eek:") that I simply need to be a 'confirmed shipper'. 'Great' I said, what does that entail?..Among the requirements I was told TSA would need to inspect my "facility"
T