Where can I get THIS type of hide?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Ceck out the hide this guy has for his scorpion. It has a built-in water bowl. Think about it. Water bowl is raised=cant be filled with substrate. Water bowl is attached to hide=cant be flipped over. IT'S PERFECT

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'd have to see how easy it was to detach for when you needed to clean it. I bet it would hard to maintain it with a T that liked to web.

user 666

Arachnobaron
Think about it. Water bowl is raised=cant be filled with substrate. Water bowl is attached to hide=cant be flipped over.
My hermit crabs buried this several times.

And there are species of Ts that don't just dig; they carry clumps of substrate around in their pedipalps.

So yes, it's going to get filled with substrate.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
My hermit crabs buried this several times.

And there are species of Ts that don't just dig; they carry clumps of substrate around in their pedipalps.

So yes, it's going to get filled with substrate.
My logic was that the since the edge of the bowl was so high up, it would take a large effort for the T to repeatedly pick up dirt, walk over to the ramp on the other side to ensure a safe climb, then go all the way over the hide to the bowl, drop it in, and continually do that, and the T would probably never think to do it in the first place.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My logic was that the since the edge of the bowl was so high up, it would take a large effort for the T to repeatedly pick up dirt, walk over to the ramp on the other side to ensure a safe climb, then go all the way over the hide to the bowl, drop it in, and continually do that, and the T would probably never think to do it in the first place.
It's less likely to get filled with substrate but it's likely to be a lot harder to maintain then a separate cup swap. Add a little webbing and it wouldn't be a good choice for a T IMO. I do think it would work good for scorpions though.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
It's less likely to get filled with substrate but it's likely to be a lot harder to maintain then a separate cup swap. Add a little webbing and it wouldn't be a good choice for a T IMO. I do think it would work good for scorpions though.
are scorpions as obsessively focused on burying the dish as Ts?

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think it would be good for a spider as it could easily bury it no problem. I use it for my leopard gecko though

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
are scorpions as obsessively focused on burying the dish as Ts?
From what I have heard. I don't own one myself though.
In my experiences, most species tend not to be.

I do agree that it would be a Nightmare to clean, though. One of the reasons why I use disposable water dishes for all my invertebrates. Cleaning that attached water bowl hide would require you having to pull out the hide to scrub the water dish part. Not much of an issue for Leopard Geckos, but much more of an issue for Scorpions/Tarantulas.