Where Are They Now?

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I understand this could be posted in the inquiry section, but I also feel it should be in the t-chat section for dialog in mass as apposed to a single inquiry. Many good people and some not so good depending on who you talk to have came and gone in this incredible hobby so I am wondering .....WHERE ARE THEY NOW:

Poec54
BOTAR
climbingregalis
James (tuttle)
herpguy
BACKWOODS
Fran
Southern Spiderworks
Don&SallysZoo
Comatose
Talkenlate
sntcruzan
US Arachnids
BrachyDude
Catfishrod
CreepyExotics
tacoma0680
robc
robd
charlton
un33dit
Izendacek
hemingway
CFNSmok.PL
bamato
Zoltan
Hobo
Zonbonzovi
Thompson08
stonemantis
Rocky Mountain Arachnids
Rick McJimsey
MaThEwMoNsTr323
Elizabeth
pixie694
Uehling
Harrod
kbfi
Zeus9699 (animal magic)
jrmrbcax
TarantulaInc
Tarantulanursery
DMBizeau
Singapore_Blue1
kaydyn1512
DeadlyInverts
markbarker333
fjwallace
Bugologist
jonnyquong
mitchrobot
Smitty78
roaddog
poeciN3RD
Snakefox
Newflvr
AaronP
Rockstarpets
Spike
KyuZo
Sharpfang
ExotiPet
xhexdx
KnightinGale
TarantulaHomes
eddiebrock
Phoenix Exotics
Northwest Invertebrates
Oasis Invertebrates
The Invert Shop
AzJohn
Talonawd
sweetypie
Jarvis
8leggedfreak22
croc1monitor
Chubbs87
syndicate
Hamburglar
scuba113
just1moreT
gumby
Silverrose
Aphonopelma81
Javanica
Apollo Justice
vulgerlives
Tonys spiders
Skeri
tarantulaeddie0
stingray
BrettG
hearsemadam
TarantulasWorld
Yellowbrickroad
shawno821
dpernikoff
Yentlequible

My apolgize if anyone has been back on AB and I did not realize it. If that is the case the maybe you can say where you had been on your leave of absence. Feel free to add or coment as I am sure there are many more I missed and remember and it demonstrate how many have contributed through the years....

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I talk with a few members on that list from time to time.. I out of courtesy would PM them instead of raising speculation as to there whereabouts.. They are intitled to a personal life and turning the key on the rumor mill is kind of rude IMO.

My .02 on the subject

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I talk with a few members on that list from time to time.. I out of courtesy would PM them instead of raising speculation as to there whereabouts.. They are intitled to a personal life and turning the key on the rumor mill is kind of rude IMO.

My .02 on the subject
Imo that comment was taken totally out of context. I have tried pm and getting in touch with many and have had no response. I am not looking for a "rumor" mill, but simply identifying those who contributed to the hobby in some way and am wondering how they are doing. If you have no positive contributions to say how they are or don't want to "start rumors" then don't comment. I simply am wondering how or where some of the former hobbiest went on AB and how they are doing. My post is no different here than it would be in the inquiry section. I don't need to know their personal life story just simply they are doing great and either still in the hobby or not in the hobby.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
I don't know a lot of these people but my guess would be that their personal life took over. Sometimes you might have no time to go on the internet and read topics but that doesn't mean they stopped keeping Tarantulas. You have to remember that for most of us it is just a hobby and sometimes your hobby has to take a back seat because you are busy dealing with more important things.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I have tried pm and getting in touch with many and have had no response. I am not looking for a "rumor" mill, but simply identifying those who contributed to the hobby in some way and am wondering how they are doing.
Then that's what they want you to know about there life and there current status in the hobby..

Sorry if I took your question out of context but it's inevitable that someone will post some rumor that they heard and the rest is history.. That's the current story true or not because the actual member either isn't aware that he or she is being discussed or could care less because they sold there collection so they could spend more time with there family or so they could ride there motorcycle across country.

It's there buisiness if they wanted you to know they would of replied to your PM. If they wanted us to know they probably would of started a thread explaining there absence..

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've been in contact with some of those people as well. I understand where both of you are coming from.

A couple have left the biz, can't say if they don't still own Ts. Others like some said, don't have the time anymore but keep Ts to my knowledge.

There's 1 guy on there do I worry about even now.

I wonder about the Mods on that list that I no longer see anymore. I used to see Hobo on here at times, more frequently than most mods. He's gone AFAIK, shame because he was very helpful with me.

Mods in general used to have a more visible presence on the forum in general too.

Last edited:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Then that's what they want you to know about there life and there current status in the hobby..

Sorry if I took your question out of context but it's inevitable that someone will post some rumor that they heard and the rest is history.. That's the current story true or not because the actual member either isn't aware that he or she is being discussed or could care less because they sold there collection so they could spend more time with there family or so they could ride there motorcycle across country.

It's there buisiness if they wanted you to know they would of replied to your PM. If they wanted us to know they probably would of started a thread explaining there absence..
If there was a business that someone has what would it be? It may not be a business that has no relation to tarantulas therefore why would they respond back to me on a pm?

I asked the same question on AB Facebook and there are a couple of people from the list that showed interest, came out and said "yes I'm still around".

They weren't offended by my question or they questioned on "why" my post? My post is not for the intend to create negative personal view on anyone. If old members on the list feel the need to say why they're not around anymore that's up to them. Do they need to go into details about their personal status? No they don't.

Arachnoboards to me is like high school so many of us came to this forum and we knew one another share information and knowledge about tarantulas. I can't possibly see why any member on the list should take offense by asking "where are they now".

I've been in contact with some of those people as well. I understand where both of you are coming from.

A couple have left the biz, can't say if they don't still own Ts. Others like some said, don't have the time anymore but keep Ts to my knowledge.

There's 1 guy on there do I worry about even now.

I wonder about the Mods on that list that I no longer see anymore. I used to see Hobo on here at times, more frequently than most mods. He's gone AFAIK, shame because he was very helpful with me.

Mods in general used to have a more visible presence on the forum in general too.
I agree about Hobo it's a shame not to see him around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I can't speak for anyone on that list but when I have left in the past it was usually one of a couple of reasons.
1. I left when almost every question asked was replied to with "Use the search function", even though the search function was mostly a waste of time. The old timers got rude and obnoxious and I got tired of it. Glad to see that stopped.
2. The conversations become a bit stagnant to me. I love good conversation and I read a lot of the posts without replying, but when every other post is "what should I get next?", it becomes a bit boring. Maybe not so much boring as it is monotonous. I'm not knocking anybody, I just don't get as interested in opinions on which T is cooler/better/worse/faster/meaner/whatever.
3. I get burned out with a room full of animals and simply need a break. Working a full time job and a part time job leaves me very little time and sometimes I don't feel like maintaining enclosures, feeding animals, making the trip to go get feeders, etc. Sometimes I just need to take a break for a while.
Different people leave for different reasons and it's not always just life getting in the way. As was said earlier, if they wanted people to know why they left, they would have probably told them. They may only be taking a temporary sabbatical and aren't really gone in which case they may feel there's nothing to tell.
I wouldn't worry about it too much, either they'll show back up or they won't. Just check in with them from time to time and I'm sure all will be revealed sooner or later.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I understand this could be posted in the inquiry section, but I also feel it should be in the t-chat section for dialog in mass as apposed to a single inquiry. Many good people and some not so good depending on who you talk to have came and gone in this incredible hobby so I am wondering .....WHERE ARE THEY NOW:

Poec54
BOTAR
climbingregalis
James (tuttle)
herpguy
BACKWOODS
Fran
Southern Spiderworks
Don&SallysZoo
Comatose
Talkenlate
sntcruzan
US Arachnids
BrachyDude
Catfishrod
CreepyExotics
tacoma0680
robc
robd
charlton
un33dit
Izendacek
hemingway
CFNSmok.PL
bamato
Zoltan
Hobo
Zonbonzovi
Thompson08
stonemantis
Rocky Mountain Arachnids
Rick McJimsey
MaThEwMoNsTr323
Elizabeth
pixie694
Uehling
Harrod
kbfi
Zeus9699 (animal magic)
jrmrbcax
TarantulaInc
Tarantulanursery
DMBizeau
Singapore_Blue1
kaydyn1512
DeadlyInverts
markbarker333
fjwallace
Bugologist
jonnyquong
mitchrobot
Smitty78
roaddog
poeciN3RD
Snakefox
Newflvr
AaronP
Rockstarpets
Spike
KyuZo
Sharpfang
ExotiPet
xhexdx
KnightinGale
TarantulaHomes
eddiebrock
Phoenix Exotics
Northwest Invertebrates
Oasis Invertebrates
The Invert Shop
AzJohn
Talonawd
sweetypie
Jarvis
8leggedfreak22
croc1monitor
Chubbs87
syndicate
Hamburglar
scuba113
just1moreT
gumby
Silverrose
Aphonopelma81
Javanica
Apollo Justice
vulgerlives
Tonys spiders
Skeri
tarantulaeddie0
stingray
BrettG
hearsemadam
TarantulasWorld
Yellowbrickroad
shawno821
dpernikoff
Yentlequible

My apolgize if anyone has been back on AB and I did not realize it. If that is the case the maybe you can say where you had been on your leave of absence. Feel free to add or coment as I am sure there are many more I missed and remember and it demonstrate how many have contributed through the years....
Maybe you'll get better response if you put a tag before their names. ;)

Robc is now a bodybuilder
Unless you are Robc and saying that, this is precisely why @14pokies protested to this thread. Rumors help no one.

Last edited by a moderator:

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Was just thinking about this the other day and wondering where BOTAR and xhexdx disappeared to.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for posting the link thistles and as was stated it is not a rumor, but in fact true he is body building and still keeping tarantulas.

That is the exact reason I posted a Where are they now thread here on AB and one on Facebook. I have had many great responses from individuals inquiry and perhaps showing I or we care where they are and how they are doing gets them to say hi. How some here always asume the negative in others or a negative connotation in a thread is pathetic. Thanks to those who positively contributed and I know this will keep going on Facebook and I hope it does here on AB as well and of it does not perhaps that says something here on AB..... Here is the link on Facebook Arachnoboards where I posted https://m.facebook.com/groups/67370290634?view=permalink&id=10158017917020635&ref=bookmarks Robc and a few others have responded to my thread with a positive attitude.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Was just thinking about this the other day and wondering where BOTAR and xhexdx disappeared to.
I bought a rare Avic from Botar many years ago. I went to buy another and he got out of Ts altogether. He told me himself.

He had, maybe still does, a new site, selling T shirts with funny/crazy prints on them.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bought a rare Avic from Botar many years ago. I went to buy another and he got out of Ts altogether. He told me himself.

He had, maybe still does, a new site, selling T shirts with funny/crazy prints on them.
I kept in touch with Charles "Botar" after he bailed out of the hobby eventually lost touch with him. Yes he had another site selling T shirts but I believe that's over and done with.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Poec54 is the one that is a mystery to me. I hope the old goat is well, actually. He didn't appreciate my style very much (and I'm pretty sure he was/is not alone in that sentiment), and was contrary, but he did provide some pretty good knowledge.

Of course, my theory has always been that he retired to an island with the other experts who left, where they drink banana daiquiris and grouse about this latest generation of tarantula keepers.
Message boards are pretty cyclic, with old members disappearing and new ones entering, and the cycle repeats itself. And the rise of social media put a dent in the popularity of message boards as well. I still prefer them for specialized topicc, the signal-to-noise ration is more evenly distributed, and boards are generally moderated more effectively, although some groups at places like FB are watched over.

Most of the others were likely either people who lost interest in the boards or in tarantulas all together.

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi there, I'm still around. I lost my collection in a breakup, and I haven't gotten any new inverts since. Just my snakes and a rat now.