Where are the remains?

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Finally got my first T yesterday, a Rosehair (thanks for the great info here). They had others at the shop, but decided to start out simple. Anyway, she's walked around the cage maybe twice since yesterday and prefers to stay outside of her hide kind of halfway on the substrate and halfway on the glass, very strange. She went into her water dish and drank for what seemed like a good half hour. Waited until today to feed her. Dropped the cricket in and she didn't go after it, but when the cricket got too close her, she snatched it up and ate it. My question is what happened to the remains? I thought that after the T eats what it can of the cricket, it leaves the remaining remnants of cricket leftovers, but I couldn't find it anywhere, its like she devoured the whole darn thing.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by rob742b
Finally got my first T yesterday, a Rosehair (thanks for the great info here). They had others at the shop, but decided to start out simple. Anyway, she's walked around the cage maybe twice since yesterday and prefers to stay outside of her hide kind of halfway on the substrate and halfway on the glass, very strange. She went into her water dish and drank for what seemed like a good half hour. Waited until today to feed her. Dropped the cricket in and she didn't go after it, but when the cricket got too close her, she snatched it up and ate it. My question is what happened to the remains? I thought that after the T eats what it can of the cricket, it leaves the remaining remnants of cricket leftovers, but I couldn't find it anywhere, its like she devoured the whole darn thing.
My curlyhairs are so vicious! This morning one of them finished up the whole crik, i wouldnt worry, unless it blends in with the substrate! Thanks,

James

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Look for a small pea size ball of goo. Its most likely in one of the corners. Its called a food boluse. You'll know you've found it if you give it a sniff. Stinky stuff.;) Its there you just have to find it..

Ernie

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey MrT, i looked inside my rosies hide and saw one of these balls. I didnt sniff it but i kinda played with it with my fingers. It was kinda like a ball of web+a lil substrate. I through it out but i found it interesting.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Paladin,
You found it.:)
You should try to remove as many of those as you can. They attract mites. Its a pain to do, but its normal T maintaince.:rolleyes:

Ernie