Where are Selenotypus locales actually from? (Australian tarantulas)

jwhit869

Arachnopeon
There are an increasing number of discovered locales of Selenotypus and unlike Phlogius which have seemingly more information and their locale is commonly their hobby name. Some selenotypus locales are their hobby name like nebo, apis creek, glenelva, gemfields and so on but many like sp2, sp3, sp4, sp5, champagne robustus and many, many more don't have a proper locale name. If anyone knows if theres a hobby name to locale list that would be greatly appreciated.

courtney1027

Arachnosquire
SP2 & SP4 are from Atherton Tablelands, Far North Queensland
Exevale is Central Eastern Queensland
Plumpies is Majors creek Townsville Queensland
Platinum is also North Queensland
The Selenotypus all primarily come from Queensland where it’s warm and humid, there all the same genius just slight variants so it would make sense they all pretty much come from the same state

jwhit869

Arachnopeon
Thanks, I did already know that lots of them are west of the great dividing range and the Atherton table lands but those locations are really too large, like the great dividing range covers QLD from top to bottom.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Coremiocnemis, Phlogius and Selenotypus are all confined to QLD as far as I'm aware, Selenotholus range from NSW all the way to WA and NT, with S.stirlingi occuring in VIC and SA as well

jwhit869

Arachnopeon
Some selenotypus specimines have been sighted on the border of qld and nsw about 200km west of the coast. this was only a sighting and was never confirmed but there was enough evidence to believe they are there.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Some selenotypus specimines have been sighted on the border of qld and nsw about 200km west of the coast. this was only a sighting and was never confirmed but there was enough evidence to believe they are there.
The most northern NSW species in aware of is an unknown Selenotholus by the looks of things just outside of Glen Innes on private property, I havnt seen them in person but I've seen the pictures and can confirm they are definitely there. The further west you go, the more likely you'd be to find either genus I reckon

jwhit869

Arachnopeon
There are many interesting species with the further west you go. All the phlogius and coremiocnemis are easily within driving distance and only occur in specific locations while selenotholus and selenotypus are almost likely Australia wide (with some exceptions).

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I want a phlogius PQ113 so badly! Can’t seem to find one here in WA
Your best bet is joining some of the Australian invertebrate FB groups (Australian Tarantulas and Invertebrates has our country's leading expert of tarantulas as one of its members), you'll find a number of breeders there from WA that should be able to assist you

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I don’t have FB but hopefully I managed to find one
I was really reluctant to get it, but glad I did, I've bought more of my dream species in 1 year of talking to keepers in FB than in the 3 previous years of using gumtree alone

courtney1027

Arachnosquire
I was really reluctant to get it, but glad I did, I've bought more of my dream species in 1 year of talking to keepers in FB than in the 3 previous years of using gumtree alone
I have a bit of a stalker so I try to stay off social media so he doesn’t have any way to contact me, but I might have to try find a friend that has it and see if they can have a look!