When your blind and don't realize :(

GabGab

Arachnoknight
My B. Boehmei sling is in pre molt.. I didn't realize till a couple days later and I had to re house her due to her being to small for the enclosure I had. I don't know if it was a good idea.. she hasn't moved from the spot I put her in almost a week ago. :(
I think I stressed her out. :(
I ALWAYS have a water dish for all my T's so I hope she'll drink some soon because she hasn't ate in over a week due to pre molt.
maybe I'm over reacting but she hasn't moved at all maybe like a little bit moved back to the spot she was in. I also damped the side where the water dish is just in case she didn't want to drink from the dish.
As you guys know I care about my T's and Id hate for this gem to pass away :(
I feel like I am over reacting but I want to be sure I didn't do anything wrong or hurt my T.

Sorry for this post is all over the place but I'm kinda scared even though I shouldn't be. :(

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
Premolt and the whole molting process is very stressful. It’s a given.

Is your tarantula going to die, no.

Make sure it has water and proper ventilation.

And yes you’re overreacting, but I understand cause I used to be like this. Your sling will be fine, just leave it alone for now.

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Premolt and the whole molting process is very stressful. It’s a given.

Is your tarantula going to die, no.

Make sure it has water and proper ventilation.

And yes you’re overreacting, but I understand cause I used to be like this. Your sling will be fine, just leave it alone for now.
Yeah but I re housed it while in pre molt.. doesn't that stress the T out more? I always have water and she has good ventilation :) and I am. I just damped near the water dish not to long ago. I left her alone till she is ready to molt. Even made her a little hole where she can go.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My B. Boehmei sling is in pre molt.. I didn't realize till a couple days later and I had to re house her due to her being to small for the enclosure I had. I don't know if it was a good idea.. she hasn't moved from the spot I put her in almost a week ago. :(
I think I stressed her out. :(
I ALWAYS have a water dish for all my T's so I hope she'll drink some soon because she hasn't ate in over a week due to pre molt.
maybe I'm over reacting but she hasn't moved at all maybe like a little bit moved back to the spot she was in. I also damped the side where the water dish is just in case she didn't want to drink from the dish.
As you guys know I care about my T's and Id hate for this gem to pass away :(
I feel like I am over reacting but I want to be sure I didn't do anything wrong or hurt my T.
Alright first things first just breathe. These are incredibly hardy little things. As long as it wasn't actively molting and you weren't aggressive or dropped her during rehousing or something, you have nothing to worry about. Even if you have something to worry about, in all likelihood there is nothing you can do.

People like to joke that tarantulas are owning a pet rock and they're not too off about that, they can go months even year or more without food because there energy requirements and physical anatomy is SO different. Not moving is NOT a bad sign and in most cases just indicative of the T doing what it does the majority of its life, just chilling.

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Alright first things first just breathe. These are incredibly hardy little things. As long as it wasn't actively molting and you weren't aggressive or dropped her during rehousing or something, you have nothing to worry about. Even if you have something to worry about, in all likelihood there is nothing you can do.

People like to joke that tarantulas are owning a pet rock and they're not too off about that, they can go months even year or more without food because there energy requirements and physical anatomy is SO different. Not moving is NOT a bad sign and in most cases just indicative of the T doing what it does the majority of its life, just chilling.
I am. :( plus I'm not feeling the best due to being so stressed because of work and not feeling good. I'm leaving her alone and will be filling her dish atleast every week (unless it's still full) but i get worried about a lot of things I should know already but I like to make sure I'm doing the right thing and not harming it in any way.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am. :( plus I'm not feeling the best due to being so stressed because of work and not feeling good. I'm leaving her alone and will be filling her dish atleast every week (unless it's still full) but i get worried about a lot of things I should know already but I like to make sure I'm doing the right thing and not harming it in any way.
Aw I understand, plus it's better to be safe than sorry! I'm fairly certain you got nothing to worry about, just keep an eye on that water dish! Hopefully you'll see some fiery gorgeous red legs, freshly molted and beautiful soon :)

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
During pre moult they are no more fragile then usual. It’s fine. They only time disturbing them would have any effects is when they are actually moulting.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Gab....relax...i know its harder to do then to to say.

I don't know if you've read some of my posts before but I'm very open about my bi polar depression.

If you let stress/anxiety/ocd whatever get the best of you....this soon becomes the opposite of a fun hobby. Do your best to remember that :)

There is nothing wrong with moving a T during premolt. During molt and post molt sure. But not so much premolt.

During pre molt they get super sluggish. Would've happened in her old cage too.. Which is probably what you are seeing. Maybe a little more because she is in new surroundings. Is the molt going to be any different because she's in a different box? Very likely not!

She will flip and do her thing. She will not take into account where she is and do it any differently.

Tarantulas molt in a tiny vial in transit in a bouncing box and the molt is fine most the time! Im sure she'll be ok in her cushy new home :)

Breathe sister. You're OK. You don't learn nothing from the fun stuff this hobby provides. TRY to handle the stressful situations better. 9x out of 10 you'll be ok and have learned something.

Let me know if you need anything :)

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Gab....relax...i know its harder to do then to to say.

I don't know if you've read some of my posts before but I'm very open about my bi polar depression.

If you let stress/anxiety/ocd whatever get the best of you....this soon becomes the opposite of a fun hobby. Do your best to remember that :)

There is nothing wrong with moving a T during premolt. During molt and post molt sure. But not so much premolt.

During pre molt they get super sluggish. Would've happened in her old cage too.. Which is probably what you are seeing. Maybe a little more because she is in new surroundings. Is the molt going to be any different because she's in a different box? Very likely not!

She will flip and do her thing. She will not take into account where she is and do it any differently.

Tarantulas molt in a tiny vial in transit in a bouncing box and the molt is fine most the time! Im sure she'll be ok in her cushy new home :)

Breathe sister. You're OK. You don't learn nothing from the fun stuff this hobby provides. TRY to handle the stressful situations better. 9x out of 10 you'll be ok and have learned something.

Let me know if you need anything :)
Thank you you for this post :) I'm a lot better and just let her be. I have no idea why I'm like this but I'm always stressing over little things. It really means a lot and I love how most people on here specially when I ask dumb questions or questions I should already know (but to make sure ofc) people re assure me most of the time it's going to be alright. And I will indeed come to you with questions :) thank you!! <3

Stormsinger

Arachnopeon
I disturbed one of my slings while it was putting down it's molting mat yesterday during maintenance. It flipped about an hour later and the molt went off without a hitch.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I moved one for a bit while I tidied the enclosure for a bit and it was in premolt. (the enclosure was starting to get moldy I know that is not a huge issue but some of my slings are younger with damper sub and mold can take over quick without spot cleans).

It was a bit "grumpy" when I put it back, tucked under a piece of bark for a moment then started digging around until it felt like things were decorated more to it's preferences. It molted a couple days later without issue.