When you mouse-over your name

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I must say, that mouse over drop down menu is the cat's meow. All your fluff at a glance in a very readable format.

And so, in keeping with never leave well enough alone and if it ain't broke, just keep messing with it until it is...

Would it be possible to move 'postings' into that menu? Even revisit the entire rationale of that menu?
The thing is so convenient it seems it should be dedicated to items that are common ease of use, instant access. For that matter, it is so easy and clearly understandable almost if not all the items that relate to the individuals account could be moved there.

In fact of the matter, 'recent activity' and 'postings' are somewhat redundant. In fact the entire profile page is sort of lacking and could be covered by that menu.

Additionally, it seems that menu is First in, first listed and on down. As cake frosting, they could be reordered in a methodical hierarchical format according to most used on down to least.

You know, @MrDeranged, something you could be doing instead of wasting your time sleeping. :happy:

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
The "postings" are already in there. However, for some weird reason, it is being called "messages" (the little speech bubble to the left). ;)

The Snark

Old Timer
Dude... :banghead:

Speaking only for myself, I don't have 'Postings' or 'Messages' in my drop down menu. I know I'm on a different planet but ...

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Why are you calling Debby dude? ;) I think we need clarification about where you're talking about here. Are you talking about the user menu or are you talking about the profile page?

Recent activity is all of a users recent activity (ratings, images, new threads, posts, etc) postings is just posts.

On a side note, many of the things your talking about are not standard and would require custom coding. Custom coding comes with its own issues:
  • Cost
  • Compatibility issues
  • Cost
  • Compatibility issues
Yeah, I know I repeated myself, but they're pretty big issues ;)

The Snark

Old Timer
Right. First, let's get our nomenclature on the same wavelength. Debby=Da Boss. MrD=between peon 1st class and ascending angel depending on how you chip in on the housework.

Talking about User Menu. Profile page mostly fluff. I'd guess people grab User Menu 100 times for every profile page hit.