When will my T. blondi STOP?!

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Today I stumbled onto a freshly molted T. blondi where my already large blondi was :) This cutie is getting HUGE! It's easily 10" now!

-Bryan

edit: for a size compairison, the legs are as thick as pencils.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
its a BEAST!!! aw man...seeing that pic makes me wanna get mine sooooo bad now!

Risto

Last edited:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful!
I can't wait till mine gets some more size to it.
How long did it take to grow that large?

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Beautiful!
I can't wait till mine gets some more size to it.
How long did it take to grow that large?
I've had him about a year, now, and he was about 1" when I got him.

-Bryan

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mines just turned 11"....

yey.... now I have the hard time of plumping her up again!

T blondi's are eating monsters for those that dont know :p

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bob the thief
T blondi's are eating monsters for those that dont know :p
Between the last molt and this one, mine ate one mouse (full grown), two 3" cave roaches, 48 crickets, and six fuzzy mice. That's a LOT of food!

---

For the first time since I got this spider, I got to check out the ventral opening while it was cleaning its paws. Gion, my T. blondi isn't a male, like I'd guessed. Gion is a beautiful girlie :)

I guessed male, originally, because of the tremendous growth rate of this critter. She's gone from spiderling (hatched at about 1") to 10" now in the course of about a year. AMAZING!

-Bryan

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Before mines last molt she ate

63 crickets
20 roaches
3 chunks of steak
2 anoles
1 jumbo shrimp

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does yours really have that reddish tone in real life? Mine is about 5 inches or so, and she is just solid brown, so brown she totally blends into the bed-a-beast. I have to hunt for her sometimes to see her. I kinda wish she had a little color to her, but I am more interested in seeing her gain some size.. right now her butt is totally bald but I think that's from hairing, not an impending molt.

Attachments

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Mine was black as a baby, and brown now. The brighter color in the photos was because she'd just molted. She will be back to brown in a few days :)

-Bryan

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a question: My T. blondie allways sits in her cave. I haven't fed her for a week or so because I want her to come out to earn her food. I suppose she'll came out when she gets hungry. Is this a good idea or will i have a sterved to deatrh T'?

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by genious_gr
I have a question: My T. blondie allways sits in her cave. I haven't fed her for a week or so because I want her to come out to earn her food. I suppose she'll came out when she gets hungry. Is this a good idea or will i have a sterved to deatrh T'?
T. blondis are BURROWING tarantulas. They spend 99% of their time UNDER GROUND. Don't expect it to come out, and don't starve the poor thing because of it. :(

-Bryan

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That means she won't come out if she gets hungry???
In nature, she just waits for sth to come in its burrow???

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they usualy stay in the entrance of their burrow when they're hungry and not completely outside.

give her something to eat and you might get lucky and see her hunt but if she doesn't eat it in let's say 3 hours take it out, she might be in pre-molt.