When WILL it get colors?

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So, I have had my little chromatus for about a year now.. Just a little 1/4 - 1/2 sling when I got it. Now, about a year later, its only about 1.25"! Do Chromatus tend to grow so slowly? And trust me, I have NOT been starving it. It is fed normally.

So, is it gonna get color's hopefully NEXT molt? Or will it start when its about 2"? Thanks!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So, I have had my little chromatus for about a year now.. Just a little 1/4 - 1/2 sling when I got it. Now, about a year later, its only about 1.25"! Do Chromatus tend to grow so slowly? And trust me, I have NOT been starving it. It is fed normally.

So, is it gonna get color's hopefully NEXT molt? Or will it start when its about 2"? Thanks!
Im sure if you used the search function, you would find your answer...

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you want it to get colours faster, and grow faster.

Powerfeed. Search it.

Basically feed everyday give it as much as it will take and then remove the food it doesn't take. My B. smithi (a slow grower) went from 1/2" to 1.5" in about a month and a half by power feeding.

It will develop colours as it gets older, and the colours will change again usually when it hits its penultimate/ultimate moult.

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I've noticed most of my T's start to get adult looking patterns at around 3 inches give or take.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
maybe its not a N chromatus that you bought. where did you buy it: online or petstore? a simalar situation happened to me. I bought a B albo mislabled as a "Brazilian B&W" from my LPS

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
maybe its not a N chromatus that you bought. where did you buy it: online or petstore? a simalar situation happened to me. I bought a B albo mislabled as a "Brazilian B&W" from my LPS
I got it from Paul (petcenterusa.net) it was very small. About 1/4". I actually got 5 of them! But 2 died and the other 2 were sold.

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hmm, my N Chromatus had colors around the 1.5-2" mark, it just molted last week and is about 3-3.5" now

Bowser

Arachnopeon
I agree, I received an N. chromatus as a freebie years back and it grew quickly and showed colors early. You may have something else on your hands.