When Will It Ever End?

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMG_3741.JPG IMG_3742.JPG Petco and LLLReptile you gotta love ❤ them, when will this end? These are two photos I'm posting of young sub adults Avicularia avicularia and their environment and enclosures.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
A perfect balance of best substrate, ventilation, space and top notch decor. And Christ, as I've stated prior, I need one of those enclosure (in a mint condition) to add to my bizarre/oddity/folklore collection a new piece.

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
Nothing beats the tarantula hut with a 1/2" sling and 5 crickets in it. Also feed them 3-5 crickets, weekly lol.
20160828_135451.jpg 20160828_135520.jpg

Last edited:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
That's so very sad. As much as I hate bans being put into place - at least it prevents us from seeing this in Toronto pet shops.
:(

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I got a teeny red knee and a curly sling a few weeks ago from petco. There were a bunch of dead crickets in with both and both containers smelled likegarbage. Well, garbage that's been urinated on. Both r doing well and prob loving it out of those containers.

Risto N

Arachnopeon
Haven't run into any of these death boxes at petco in northwest indiana.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Wow. I havent seen this over here yet. I hope I never do. Some of the small reptile shops are bad enough :rage:

LD67

Arachnopeon
For a young arboreal spider, that container may not be too bad. Put real substrate in, something to climb on, add more breathing holes, and you'll be set for a while. Mind you, I'm only talking about the container itself. Not anything about petco.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
For a young arboreal spider, that container may not be too bad. Put real substrate in, something to climb on, add more breathing holes, and you'll be set for a while. Mind you, I'm only talking about the container itself. Not anything about petco.
Ahaha. Is that a joke? Everything you mentioned is pretty much why folk here are complaining about it :rofl:

Because it lacks these things.

It is see-through *check

LD67

Arachnopeon
Ahaha. Is that a joke? Everything you mentioned is pretty much why folk here are complaining about it :rofl:

Because it lacks these things.

It is see-through *check
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Explain?

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I can't wait to buy some T. cyaneolum, P. victorii, and T. seladonia from them.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Sorry my English isn't great.

I was wondering if what you said was a joke. Because the containers are terrible for housing Ts as they lack all the things you mentioned. Yet you opened with "they aren't too bad for young arboeals Ts" .. I got confused there o_O

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I think he means that in order to get the right enclosure and set up, you would have to make all the improvements like you suggested. But you would be changing to whole thing, so it is not a proper enclosure, except for the fact that itis see through.