When to rehouse?

Raven 13

Arachnopeon
I currently have 3 slings (B Smithi, G Pulchripes, and A Geniculata) with a 4th (LP) arriving probably Wednesday. Now, they all still have quite a ways to go before abandoning their deli cups, but just so I have the information handy, at what size do you usually move your slings into a bigger enclosure?

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
This is a good question. I cant answer it though, so I'm hoping someone with knowledge on the subject will come along. I'm definitely curious about the answer.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My 16oz delis are usually 4.5 inches across. So at 2-2.5ish (maybe 3) inches I rehouse them to something bigger. This is usually a RUB but sometimes I go straight into the larger enclosures. Depends on the T and how I think they will do in the bigger enclosure.

cold blood

Staff member
I currently have 3 slings (B Smithi, G Pulchripes, and A Geniculata) with a 4th (LP) arriving probably Wednesday. Now, they all still have quite a ways to go before abandoning their deli cups, but just so I have the information handy, at what size do you usually move your slings into a bigger enclosure?
Not sure how big your specimens are...but under 3/4" i keep them in a condiment cup...like you might put ketchup in. From there they go into 16 oz deli cups till about 3". Then to a sterilite thats 14x7". For some this may be a permenant home, but most (the ones that get over 4-5") then get moved at approx 4-4.5" to their adult home...which for me is generally a 17x14"....some get differrent enclosures, but this is pretty standard in my house.

Raven 13

Arachnopeon
Not sure how big your specimens are...but under 3/4" i keep them in a condiment cup...like you might put ketchup in. From there they go into 16 oz deli cups till about 3". Then to a sterilite thats 14x7". For some this may be a permenant home, but most (the ones that get over 4-5") then get moved at approx 4-4.5" to their adult home...which for me is generally a 17x14"....some get differrent enclosures, but this is pretty standard in my house.
At the moment, my G Pulchripes and my A Geniculata are both at about 3/4", while my B Smithi is at 1". The LP i'm getting is being sold to me as a 3/4"-1" sling. They are all currently housed in 16oz deli cups. My G Pulchripes I bought from Jamiestarantulas.com, and came with one of her terrestrial sling enclosures. However, I didn't like how difficult it was to get the lid on and off of it, so I instead chose to house the sling in the deli cup, as I can get them from work with no problems.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I estimate based on size of T, the disposition of the T, its speed etc. In short no T over 2" is kept in a 16 oz deli cup.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
A picture is worth a thousand words. This girl just molted, and this was the tipping point molt. I'll be rehousing her when she hardens up a bit more. A touch smaller and she'd be staying in here.

(clicky)
20170103_100217.jpg