when to mate again?

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay so I have 3 G. rosea's 1 female and what turns out to be two males now. My female had all ready produced a sac from one of my MM's but she then ate the sack shortley after laying her eggs. :confused: I was really bummed out and just thought oh well at least I still have her. Then about a month later (last week) what I thought was a female went into a molt and turned out to be another male:eek: So my question is how long should I wait to try and mate her again?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My first bit of advice.. Dont breed them.. G. rosea slings are hard to get rid of..

If you plan to breed her anyways..

Wait until she molts again.. IME & from what I have read.. Females molt shortly after they produce an egg sac..

Best of luck.. :razz:

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
i agree with tommy gun (lol) g.rosea arent exactally the most wanted t ever but in his defense it would be great pratice and there much cheaper to get/replace then most Ts like p.metallica

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If your female is fresh(within 6 months) you could fatten her up and pair her. Then pair her after the male makes a new sperm web. I usually repeat untill i see 1 or 2 GOOD insertions.

Also, while G. rosea may not be in high demand, I say breed they hell out of them. Why? Well, because the more captive bred specimen we have in the hobby the less likely hood they will be plucked from the wild.(which probably 85% to 90% are)

Good luck.

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks for the replies I will just wait and see after the male makes his sperm web and go from there, and Yeah I know they are not in much demand but I still like the species and agree with codykrr said it will ease the strain on wild caught pop hopefully.

besides i like raising slings and watching them go through the stages of life.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
If you find yourself with too many slings I will gladly take a few dozen :} wont pay much for them tho

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I agree you should breed them. You could easliy sell 5 for 10$ or something similar. I would much rather have a sling than an adult. :} In 5 years i could say hey look at this. People would be like oh big deal a G rosea. But then when i tell them it was 1/2" when i got it.. Their mind would be blown! {D And who knows you might get some RCF slings :) From what ive heard the color varies in each sac.