When to feed new t?

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
How much time should I give my new 2inch+ t to get use to its new home before trying to feed? What would be the feeding schedule for one this size? A. Seemani.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
you can try whenever you want. just know it prob wont eat for a few days to a week.

DeanK

Arachnosquire
All of mine have eaten within a couple of hours of being rehoused. So you can try whenever you want. At that size I'd feed every 4 days to a week

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Everytime I receive a new tarantula I feed it within the 1st hour after it's been housed and I've only ever had 3 turn down a quick meal

Smileyboy

Arachnopeon
i try the next day or 2, if not then a couple days later. if the t still doesnt eat i wait a week from the day i got it. try offering at night, thats how i got my t to eat.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Everytime I receive a new tarantula I feed it within the 1st hour after it's been housed and I've only ever had 3 turn down a quick meal
Same here, only 1 T refused food. I think the shipping stirs up their metabolism.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I usually feed them the next evening... As for the feeding shedule I offer most of my Ts that size prey every 3-4 days..

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
How much time should I give my new 2inch+ t to get use to its new home before trying to feed? What would be the feeding schedule for one this size? A. Seemani.

I always try to feed as soon as I put them in their new home, if they haven't ate it by the next day the same time I take it out and try 2-3 days later.

Also it helps asking the shipper when the T ate last.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Depending on the abdomen size and how comfy the T looks after being unpacked, I have fed anywhere from a few hours to a few days later :) If you have sustainable prey, like a roach colony, or easy access to feeders like crickets, it doesn't hurt to offer prey at least once a week. I personally go by abdomen size in conjunction with a schedule because I have a few Ts that I am pretty sure would eat until they'd explode haha

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
I gave it a small dubia last night but it wasn't interested. So I will try again in a few days. Thanks for the help.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
There isn't a rule/s good for everyone. That's one of the greatest experiences of this hobby. Certain T's needs a bit of time to settle, others, like happened with my 0.1 juve C.cyaneopubescens, after 20 minutes of the unpacking, was already decorating her home. 10 minutes later she ate her cricket.

With OB T's, in general, I love to wait, for that they need time to settle and burrow.

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Ahh all is well. I just went to refill its water and it jumped out of its hide. So a stuck in a roach with my tongs which it gladly took

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
It fed two more times with no problems. Tonight it is crazy scared of the tongs. It flipped out running up the glass heading for the lid every time I got close. Maybe it's full?