When to feed after a molt...

Silence1984

Arachnopeon
Tomorrow (Thurs) will be exactly two weeks since my Haplopelma lividum molted...Think i should feed it tomorrow or wait a little bit more?

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How long you wait usually depends on the size of the T, but even for an adult H. lividium, 2 weeks should be sufficient. I would offer food and see if it responds. If it isn't eaten, you can always remove it and wait a little longer.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
You can also try sneaking up on the tank and with a syringe squirting some water next to the entrance. If the T is close enough to be able to respond it may very well pounce. If it does that then there is no doubt you can go ahead with a feeding.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You can also try sneaking up on the tank and with a syringe squirting some water next to the entrance. If the T is close enough to be able to respond it may very well pounce. If it does that then there is no doubt you can go ahead with a feeding.
Thats a very interesting way of doing it. Does that only work for burrowers?

I normally offer prey at the entrance, and if its taken quickly good. If not I remove it. Cause even at 2 weeks after a molt its not going to just sit there and let itself get nibbled on so it should be safe.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ive done this with terrestrials too, i dont think you can do with arboreals, since i usually just let a drop go, you would need to shoot it out harder with them in the air and it would just scare them most likely

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
It works for all of them. The only thing you have to do with arboreals is to squirt right next to them. The only problem doing this with diggers is that they can obviously be in the deep while you're squirting away on top.

The good thing with this method is that the worst that can happen if the T doesn't want food is that it gets something to drink ;)

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes try it with food it should be ok if its been 2 weeks from the molt ++++ phil