When to feed a freshly molted sling?

Sofia Carapia

Arachnopeon
My beautiful sling molted just yesterday, and everything went fine, my question is, when should I attempt to feed it next?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
After it’s fangs are jet black. Wait one week + if you’re not certain

cold blood

Staff member
Depends on species and size of sling....many small fast growing slings may be ready in 2 to 3 days....larger slings of slower growing species may take a week or two.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I often feed within a few days. Can’t always see black tiny fangs. Observe abdomen body posture and feed a properly sized item

Kichimark

Arachnopeon
The only slings I have are in the Brachypelma genus and I wait around 5-7 days. No issues so far.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I am with what @viper69 said, but I usually wait a week to feed after it’s initial molt date.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
When you start feeling the fangs while you are poking them with the fingers. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

+1 to viper

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Varies with size. ~ 3 days for the smallest of my slings with a fast growth rate, a week or so for most generally. It can't hurt to wait a couple extra days in any case. Since it's not easy to see sling fangs most of the time it's safest to just wait the week or more until you're certain, 2ish for those on the blurry line between sling and juvi.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
'Sling' doesnt actually describe a size. And who knows what species either so this is very subjective to us giving you an exact time frame. could be 3 days, could be a week or more... Please provide actual details!