when should you offer slings water

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A small mist shot once every 5 days or so will do. When the sling reachs the 1 3/4 to 2 inch mark, give it a small cap of water for a water dish.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just don't let them get to dry. Does not matter the species when they are small I keep them moist. Not soaking but moist. So when I see they are starting to dry out a bit I mist again.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just don't let them get to dry. Does not matter the species when they are small I keep them moist. Not soaking but moist. So when I see they are starting to dry out a bit I mist again.
i agree completely. better to be safe than sorry. i mist the side of the enclosure oh probably every other day. just lightly mist a portion of the enclosure and you should be fine. wait till they get roughly 2.5-3" in length before offering a dish.

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Go buy a pack of Dentyne gum - the one in the "bubble packs". Cut one of those bubbles out and fill it with water. Done deal.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Go buy a pack of Dentyne gum - the one in the "bubble packs". Cut one of those bubbles out and fill it with water. Done deal.
Hey that is really clever! Kinda hard to do when you have 3000 slings, but still a great idea for those with a few slings.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use pepsi caps. works great. about 1" is when i started using them. Since then I have noticed them using them a lot. Some will hold food in them while they eat and the other day I noticed one was cleaning itself in the dish.