When should I feed my slings

Skulnik

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got my 3 slings on Tuesday morning, tried giving them fruit flies on WEd. evening. They didn't budge after 3 hours, so I removed the fruit flies.

Thursday evening I tried giving them pinhead crickets and got the same result. I've since removed the crix and I wonder if I should just leave the slings alone and give them a couple days to adjust to their surroundings.

What do you think?

neanyoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
once i receive my slings i move them into the enclosure they'll be in, not those vial unless theyre still tiny lil things. then after a few days of being in the new container/being left alone i put in a pinhead. they usually pounce at it the second it hits the ground.
since you've tried and they wont eat, leave them alone for a few days and then try again.

Midnight1983

Arachnopeon
my first (and only sling) ate the first day she arrived (???). She was a bit tentative at first, but I just left her alone (with the lights off) all night and in the morning the prey was gone and she was looking round :)

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got my 3 slings on Tuesday morning, tried giving them fruit flies on WEd. evening. They didn't budge after 3 hours, so I removed the fruit flies.

Thursday evening I tried giving them pinhead crickets and got the same result. I've since removed the crix and I wonder if I should just leave the slings alone and give them a couple days to adjust to their surroundings.

What do you think?
don't worry, give them some more time to adjust to their enclosures. the shipping probably threw them off a bit. it's no big deal. you have the right idea. wait a few more days and then try again. T's won't starve if you don't feed them on a consistent schedule. it takes a LOT of time to starve a T. it's up to the individual T.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah that's normal in some new T's, my new sling B. Albiceps arrived two weeks ago I didn't eat until yesterday (was its first meal after 15 days without eating).. and I was starting me to worry but it ate and now has a big abdomen :D