when is the best time to start handling my T

AriannaChantel

Arachnopeon
Hi, I was wondering when is the best time to start handling my T. I am 13 and just got a Rose hair for my first one. So what my question is how long at the min should i wait to hold her?

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Hi, I was wondering when is the best time to start handling my T. I am 13 and just got a Rose hair for my first one. So what my question is how long at the min should i wait to hold her?
Handling should occur very sparingly, if that. It's suggested that you don't handle them as it doesn't benefit the T in any way and even a short fall could be fatal. To answer your question: I don't think any amount of time you wait for the T to get acclimated will reduce the risk of an accident. You're also able to start you own threads to ask questions for future reference, making it easy for people to see your post and respond. Good luck with your first T and feel free to ask any questions about husbandry if they come up.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It is better to start your own thread about this. Handling doesn't have anything to do with OP ;).
But to answer your question anyway: never. Handling is dangerous for the Theraphosidae, one quick bolt and your beloved animal falls to its death. They may look like tanks, but in truth they are very fragile, a fall from a few inches high can have disastrous consequences.
It could be unpleasant for you as well, a bite, or the urticating hairs are no fun either. ;)