When is a sling ready for large crickets?

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I was just wondering I have already gave my usambara that is about 11/8" a large cricket and she took it down instantly.But I am hesitant to give a large cricket to my other 1"ers like my greenbottle, costarican red, and my costarican zebra. Thanks
:? :?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd pinch off their back legs so they can't kick the T.
And see if the 1"ers can take em down. If the T's run and hide, take the crickets out.;)

E

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dude!

Your GBB is like the NW counterpart to the Usambara aka super webber and super apettite. I think that it is WAITING for an adult cricket (head pinched).

Jon

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, GBB's will pounce on just about anything. We gave an A. avic. s'ling a small adult cricket last night and she was eating it before I had time to go back and check on her. They will surprise you. Our GBB was an eating maching when she was little. She would stalk an adult cricket while she still had one between her fangs!!!

-Jill

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well I decided to try giving my 3/4" A. versicolor an adult cricket today for the first time. I squished the head, took off the legs, and placed it on a piece of corkbark where it would be easy for the versicolor to get. Of course it didn't go after it for a while. But I went to go see a movie and grocery shopping. When I got back, this is what I found:

Jon

Last edited: