When do you prefer to buy your T's?

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
any. but the smaller they are the more chance of problems seem to occur especially w/ molts and w/ some species they take forever to grow.
what part of SoCal are you in?
Warren

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
depends - i prefer to buy fast growers as tiny slings - obviously because of the price. those would be mainly pokies and other asian/africn species for me.

slow growers i buy at juvie/adult stages mostly (though not always) if i intend to breed them.

but heck, i'd take a t i want at any size... got my c. elegans at like 1/16 inch...

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i only try to get them in juvie -- adult -- as slings can be a pain ( dying ect ) on you %%% phil

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I like to buy small slings, around 1/2". I think it's the mothering instinct in me. I really like to care for them and watch the changes that occur as they grow.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It depends on what size is available in what I want. Right now I have 6 of what I call "micro mini" slings. Which is 1/8 inch or less.
I have 5 A. seemani slings which are probably 3rd or 4th instar and an E. campestrautus that can't be much more than 4th instar.
I also have a really tiny A. minatrix that scares me silly. I check in on it a lot.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
whatever size I can get for a reasonable price. If its a harder to get species i go for slings. Fast growers that I dont care about sex I go for slings. Cheaper ones that I really want a female of, I get sexed juvies+ Example:

my p ornata i got as a 1" sling, my g pulchra i got as a 1" sling, but my Cyripagopus sp "blue" i got as a sub-adult female.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
size

I too, prefer to get them young- sling to juvie/subadult. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a more adult T of something slow growing that lives for a long time. Unfortunately, big, slow growing T's usually command a premium price, so the wallet tends to make some decisions for you! Let's see, one 6" Grammostola pulchra or 6 slings? hmmmm

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i buy slings love to watch them grow.but buy larger sexed for breeding:D