when do P. biguttatus lay eggs

TGWYC

Arachnopeon
Hello im new here i wonder if anyone know how long it takes for P. biguttatus to lay eggs from mateing?

ignithium

Arachnoknight
Pretty quickly it's like 2 weeks max after I put male and female together that I start seeing the nymphs running around. If u don't have nymphs after this time substrate is probably too dry I'm normally putting one area of the enclosure with moist cocoa fiber for them to lay eggs

TGWYC

Arachnopeon
i just switched to cocofiber soil and keeping them more moist and after that they start mateing mabye i should spray more what i do now

ignithium

Arachnoknight
They are really easy to breed as long as the substrate is moist enough for the eggs to not dry out...at that point just wait and the nymphs will hatch on their own. Females will usually lay one egg a day, so you end up with more than you can handle pretty quickly. You don't need to mist the enclosure, just keep part of the substrate moist. This species actually prefers relatively more arid conditions. If the humidity in the enclosure gets way too high they can have some health issues, but the species is very hardy and prolific so I wouldnt worry about that. I keep my substrate as a mix of about 40% sand 60% soil for 80% of the enclosure, the other 20% of the enclosure is wet cocoa fiber.

TLDR just keep one end of the substrate wet and they do the rest on their own.

TGWYC

Arachnopeon
Ah ok thanks for the info not much i can find xD all say diffrent ill keep a corner moist then havent seen any female laying eggs yet

ignithium

Arachnoknight
Yeah for assassin bug it's hard to find good info I can offer only from my own experience, I have colonies of Platymeris biguttatus, laevicollis, rhadamanthus and Psytalla horrida, I am keeping all of them like this except the horrida which is more humid species. All of them breed non stop until I have 100's of them, biguttatus seems to be the one that produces the most.

Also I will add I haven't seen them laying the eggs or the actual eggs themselves because they bury it a little, just randomly babies start appearing. If you dig up the substrate you can see the eggs it looks like little brown ball, but they are pretty fragile so I just leave them alone

TGWYC

Arachnopeon
Ah ok can only get P.Bigittatis and Horridia and one that eat milipides alest what i can see on sites where i can order them

ignithium

Arachnoknight
Ah ok can only get P.Bigittatis and Horridia and one that eat milipides alest what i can see on sites where i can order them
If you want many different species try contact Jörg Bernhardt he has a lot of types. You can find his email on his website if you Google him.

TGWYC

Arachnopeon
Just saw one of them put the backside on of body under ground shes laying egg or somting else?