When do B. boehmei usually get their adult colors?

Esherman81

Arachnoknight
It's molting wayyyyy too fast to be any form of grammostola, but it does have a pinkish hue to it in the pics above. I'm really betting on some type of lasiodora.
Yes I was just going too say that ..yes they do grow fast ...

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Just a little update:

The seller more than made up for the mistake. He immediately refunded the $20, and told me he would send me a diversipes sling. I told him the refund was more than enough, but he insisted on sending me another T. Which, I should add, I have no problem with lol. He just sent me tracking info for that, so it should be here saturday. I'm not sure if the seller would want me to post any of their info, so I'm not going to do that as of now.

Still not sure on the mystery spider though. It pretty much looks the same after hardening completely. I'm honestly thinking it may be a L. klugi if it's a lasiodora because of the red on the abdomen, but that's just a guess. Oh, and of course, I rehoused it into an extra small KK.

boina

Lady of the mites
After looking at the pics (very leggy) and the growth rate it could also be a Phormictopus. Here's a pic of a Pho. platus, a little smaller than yours: IMG_0621a.jpg

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Yes I was just going too say that ..yes they do grow fast ...
I'll second that remark. My LP seems to be constantly in pre-molt, which means she throws up the dirt curtain and hides for several weeks. After her molt she comes out, eats like a fiend, and then retreats.

Michael bradley

Arachnopeon
View attachment 234161 View attachment 234162
Picture throws it off a little, but it's a smidge over 2 inches not even stretched. It's also still hardening, so I'm sure it's not done gaining size.
I have a fire leg sling and looks nothing like yours.. I feed her a cricket 2 times a week and not growing that quick either.. can’t help with what it is but really would say that’s not a fire leg

Jumpman2397

Arachnopeon
I've got a sling that was purchased as B. boehmei, but I'm highly doubting that's what it is. It's molted like clockwork every month and 10 days give or take, which I thought was odd from the beginning. Before this current molt, it was around 1.5 inches, and wasn't showing any adult coloring at all. It just freshly molted either last night or early this morning, and is definitely over 2 inches now. I'm still waiting for it to harden up, but from what I can see atm, still zero adult coloring. Which doesn't seem right at all. So as the title says, when do they usually get their adult coloring?
View attachment 234148 This pic is before this last molt. For reference, the container is 1.75" wide. After this current molt it's touching both sides without being stretched, so definitely over 2".

Looks like a salmon pink bird eater
(Lasiodora parahybana)

cold blood

Staff member
Guys...old thread, its already assumed to be an LP a year and a half ago if y'all read the whole thread.:rofl: