When can I molt my h maculata

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So she has just begun molting she hasnt broken the carapace yet. Right now she's about 5 inches give or take. When she molts she will obviously grow. My question is will she be able to mate after this? Is there an absolute time for females like males that they are ready to mate?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So she has just begun molting she hasnt broken the carapace yet. Right now she's about 5 inches give or take. When she molts she will obviously grow. My question is will she be able to mate after this? Is there an absolute time for females like males that they are ready to mate?
She can probably already breed. I think they have to be at 60% adult size to breed. I think that is the recommended, but I would let someone else chime in besides me.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Now I'm starting to worry. It's been over an hour and she still hasn't broken the carapace.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It could lay there for a couple hours berfore starting to molt... I'm sure it is just fine.

Shimotsukin

Arachnopeon
It's fine, I've had some slings on their backs for 30 minutes before they began to molt.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Our male B. albo was on his back for 6 hours before popping his carapace. You should start to worry when it's been a long time since the carapace has been popped.

Also I would say she'd be ready to breed at 5".

Cass

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I've had moults take observable 20h, and I've had them take observable 2h. Even if it doesn't break the carapace within 48h, you can't just go in there and grope her out with a spoon. Just go away, don't disturb the T and let it do its thing, that's the best help you can give it.

Good luck and have fun.