When buying a new T

cold blood

Staff member
I can't find any besides the slings. I honestly don't mind waiting since I have an adult female hamorii/smithi (I can't tell) that keeps me company on the T front. If the sling is a male and I want to try a breeding project, I can get a female then and just be mindful to keep my eye out until then. If I get a female from the sling then that is another win. And if I have a male and can't find a female and don't want to try any pairings in the future, then he will have a good life with me or I will loan him out later.

I just saw those classifieds sections too with some folks asking for males haha. So much to search here and I feel like having one of each that I see.
Then go for the sling by all means. I would definitely get more than one though, just in case you happen to lose one down the road for some unforeseeable reason, its nice to have not wasted a year or three and have zip to show for it. My first time with them, I got 2, luckily, as 2 years in my room happened to cool right as one molted and I ended up losing it (and its not like I lose too many slings of any species)....had I not had the second it would have probably turned me off to the species as I would have had it for years and never even saw the beautiful colors or experienced the complete change they make with regards to food aggression as juvies. Any time you have a sling that stays in the sling stage for very long times, it means that it will take a lot longer for it to become that hardy juvie.

And don't be alarmed with long fasting periods, even as small slings...just house them in small containers, like 2oz condiment cups, keep things simple and be your apparent patent self and wait for the rewards...cause they are very special IMO.

Kichimark

Arachnopeon
Then go for the sling by all means. I would definitely get more than one though, just in case you happen to lose one down the road for some unforeseeable reason, its nice to have not wasted a year or three and have zip to show for it. My first time with them, I got 2, luckily, as 2 years in my room happened to cool right as one molted and I ended up losing it (and its not like I lose too many slings of any species)....had I not had the second it would have probably turned me off to the species as I would have had it for years and never even saw the beautiful colors or experienced the complete change they make with regards to food aggression as juvies. Any time you have a sling that stays in the sling stage for very long times, it means that it will take a lot longer for it to become that hardy juvie.

And don't be alarmed with long fasting periods, even as small slings...just house them in small containers, like 2oz condiment cups, keep things simple and be your apparent patent self and wait for the rewards...cause they are very special IMO.
That is a very smart move to get more than one sling. It would be a shame if one died prematurely and I spent a lot of time on that one. The guy I am getting my slings from is going to thank you haha.