When a T meets a Cric

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay, I usually remove the remains of my T's dinner(if any) in the mornin before goin to work, all except that damned C.Huahini...i can never see any remains. Im new at this, so is this normal?

Why my other Ts leave remains but this dude leaves nothing. hes in a temporary holding with less than an inch of substrate, so is it possible that he is burrying his leftovers?...

I will be moving him to a deeper substrate soon anyways... :)

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm new to this, too - but I get the impression that you get a lot of cricket remains when you place several crickets in at one time. The spider then eats all it wants until the next week, leaving what it doesn't want.

I feed mine a single cricket every other day, or every two days, and have never found any identifyable cricket remains.

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Could be he's consuming everything. Those leftovers can also blend in real well with the substrate. Maybe it's there but u can't see it. Generally most T's will dispose of the leftovers far from their hide spots or burrows. I once left the lid for my P. fasciata open after feeding her late night. I fell asleep and woke up to find the leftovers outside of the tank and the poke inside her cage. She came out of her tank dumped the food and went back in.
Mike

Tupac Shakur

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lasiodora
I once left the lid for my P. fasciata open after feeding her late night. I fell asleep and woke up to find the leftovers outside of the tank and the poke inside her cage. She came out of her tank dumped the food and went back in.
Mike

How funny! And what an intelligent spider. She left the garbage by the curb for pick-up :)

Joy

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She's a lot neater than I am.:D
Mike
Tupac Shakur

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all.

Hi.

The same with my 6-7 inch Chaco, she got 5 crickets one day and the next day outside of her webbed "sitting-place" she had put 5 "spitting-balls" in a neat pile at the same place so it looked like when one play pool and have arranged the balls just before starting playing:D

I have also "caught" my biggest Versicolor go down her webtube and straight below the lower opening, s/he dropped the remains and went back up into the web.

Kenny

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have the same problem with the spitballs blending in to the surface, but with the t's that require damp conditions I usually see them after a while because of some mold growing on it. I then immediately remove them (the leftovers, not the t....). In dry cages it's not so much of a problem, the leftovers dry out too, I think that can do little damage

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lasiodora
Could be he's consuming everything. Those leftovers can also blend in real well with the substrate. Maybe it's there but u can't see it. Generally most T's will dispose of the leftovers far from their hide spots or burrows. I once left the lid for my P. fasciata open after feeding her late night. I fell asleep and woke up to find the leftovers outside of the tank and the poke inside her cage. She came out of her tank dumped the food and went back in.
Mike
LOL! That's hilarious. I'm suprised it didn't go on an expedition while you were asleep.