Wheelbug nymph?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
looks very much like it,ive raised wheelbugs and the babies have red/black just like that. very nice bug:clap:

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wheelbug nymph I think: Wheel bugs are around and these are the only nymphs I ever see.

Acro

Aziz! Light!
Old Timer
Padkison,
Yep, those are totally wheel bug nymphs. I used to raise them from nymphs to adults. Ive had eggs but never get them to pop. I will try again this summer. Will you be trying to raise them?
Whats up Matt bud?
What you have there is some sort of leaf footed bug, I am pretty sure. They feed off of plant juices and such but not insects like assassins.

Wonderful pics guys...keep it up!

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes,

We're going to raise them. My daughter has them all in separate vials with names like Lipstick, Ginger-Parsley, Tea-Leaf, etc.

They have an interesting stealth attack on the roach nymphs... slowly..slowly...slowly...Wham!

Padkison,
Yep, those are totally wheel bug nymphs. I used to raise them from nymphs to adults. Ive had eggs but never get them to pop. I will try again this summer. Will you be trying to raise them?
Whats up Matt bud?
What you have there is some sort of leaf footed bug, I am pretty sure. They feed off of plant juices and such but not insects like assassins.

Wonderful pics guys...keep it up!

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Matt K: I've seen similar looking nymphs around here. The most that I've seen where I live have metallic blue abdomens. I don't know what species those are but some one told me on Bugguide that it was a species of Corid bug ( did I spell that right? ).

When I was younger I use to call them "boot bugs" because of the arched abdomens.:D They're one of my favorites of the true bugs. I've also seen some other nymphs around here too. I remember one time I was at camp and I was looking for bugs in this bush and I found this HUGE gray nymph sitting on one of the leaves.

I caught it and it was crawling on my hand for a bit and then it bit me! And it was such a sharp pain! Thus answering my question that it was a wheel bug nymph. Don't touch these! Matt: The one in your photo is harmless since I've picked these up before and they never bit me.

P.S Looking at the legs more closely the bug in your photo Matt is a leaf footed bug nymph of some sort. I hardly see the adults of these beautiful bugs but when I do see them it's always a pleasure!