Whats your slowest growing SP

RoseT

Arachnosquire
I got to say my Grammostola Pulchra is by far my slowest growing T. Originally bought at about 1.5 LS and I cant even confirm its 2 inches after the two molts its had in my care since I first bought it in October of last year. The 1 inch smithi I bought at the same time has passed it now in size almost at 2.5 inches in LS after 3 molts in my care. Who says Brachys are slow growers?...Not when you love to feed them! .....I feed my pulchra the same way, but he doesnt seem to get any bigger :(...

This has got to be as slow as my A. Chocolades.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aphonopelma do grow dang slow. i bought my "carlsbad green" with a nice bit of a head start on it for that reason ;)

also adding to the list, i would say my .75" Euathlus sp. blue. actually to give a good idea of how slow its growing, i got a .5" G. pulchra and a .75" B. smithi three months after it that have already caught up with it/surpassed it.

mine's starting to pick up a teeny-tiny bit (just hit the 2" mark, woo hoo!), but thats probably due to being most likely being another male. :wall:

Mez

Arachnoknight
Out of the ones I've got, prolly my A. chalcodes/new river probably would be, but its adult already. I have an image saved at home where someone has a spiderling on their hand.that's something like 2 years old!

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mines Grammostola pulchra too, bought mine as a 2cm sling last year and its only 1.5"LS now.

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aphonopelma Hentzi.. took a while to molt.. @ 2.5 inches took him about 8mos. with constant weekly feeding.. I wonder how long it would take this time.. hope he molts faster coz there's a fine lady waiting for him.. lol

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
I think my G. Rosea can be considered for the title... He/she was given to me as a freebie when I bought some of my Ts 2 years ago. The rest of her batch are already mature/sub adult (in fact, some already laid eggsacs:eek:), but my rosie is still stuck to around 1.5". She was around 1.25" when I got her. Only molted 2-3 times under my care without even showing dramatic increase in size...:mad::(

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Dwarf Aphonopelmas are probably the slowest of all. I have an Aphonopelma sp. "Huachuca" that is just under 2" and has been that exact size since she last molted over 2 years ago. Her metabolism is so slow that even though I only feed her about once a month she is fat like a tick. A young adult Aphonopelma sp "Paysoni Blonde" I used to have molted twice in that same interval.

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
My Cyrtopholis portoricae is growing way slower than my A. hentzi or G. rosea. It could just be the individual Ts, I suppose, but I've had it a year and a half and its still only about 1/4 of an inch.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My Cyrtopholis portoricae is growing way slower than my A. hentzi or G. rosea. It could just be the individual Ts, I suppose, but I've had it a year and a half and its still only about 1/4 of an inch.
Now that you mention it, I have one of these that is about 1.5" and she hasn't molted in about 18 months, the entire time I've had her. They are pretty slow, which is surprising for a tropical species.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have rosea slings that are three years old and barely the size of a house spider....

Imbrium

Arachnopeon
Mine's my A. chalcodes. It's barely 1.5 in, took almost two years between molts, and didn't even eat once in between!

RichRollin

Arachnopeon
Now that you mention it, I have one of these that is about 1.5" and she hasn't molted in about 18 months, the entire time I've had her. They are pretty slow, which is surprising for a tropical species.
I'll second that on the C. portoricae. I bought one (freebie, actually) in October of 2009 at about 1/8 inch (this thing was tiny, pinhead crickets are larger) that is currently about an inch. As you said, pretty slow for a tropical species.

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Definitely Aphonopelma. I have an A. hentzi sling that went from .8" to 1" in a year and a half.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For me, its my Holothele NDS sling....not a big eater,..not a fast grower