whats your 'Indian Ornamental' like?

ImTheDaddy

Arachnopeon
It all depends on the individual spider. Some will strike a threat pose in an instance others will run and hide. Out of all the pokies P Regalis is suppossed to be the calmest of the bunch but again there venom is very potent and it all depends on the individual spider. I have myself held a P Regalis before now but this was not intentunal. I was moving her to a new home and she walked on to my hand up my arm and onto my chest. Putting her back was quite an issue though she did co-operate. Definalty a nerve racking experiance. I wouldnt advise anyone to handle any type of pokie.

ITD

Daniel1995

Arachnopeon
mine isn't that calm but never really posed any threat postures. She is kind of shy to be honest.. but proved to be a little road runner for sure. :)
Not so aggresive but still afraid of her.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My regalis has calmed down as she's gotten bigger and is less prone to bolting at the slightest disturbance like she used to. However, she prefers to stand her ground and throw threat poses whenever I am forced to interact with her. She has lunged at me and struck at the tongs a few times. I know this is unusual for this species based on what I'm hearing about everyone elses.

Planetary

Arachnopeon
My 5 inch female just recently stopped hiding so much she always seems to be out now. She does have disputes with the geckos in the enclosure next to her. shes always hungry but i try to keep up with her apitite. My 4 inch male is the complete opposite he runs to his hide but then will bolt right back out in full threat posture.