Favorite Tarantulas?

Stormsinger

Arachnopeon
Either G. pulchripes or H. cafreriana. I adore my G. pulchripes, and I have been falling in love with the Harpactira genus, with the H. cafreriana quickly becoming a dream spider.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
C. marshalli is quickly edging top spot.
Baboons are just tops.
Curlies are great. Avics are nice. Obt's are dope.
They're all pretty cool.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For me, has to be my B. hamorii. The only T in my collection so far that I paid extra for a sexed female. Thus far, it has been worth it. She's always out and about, looking pretty and eating like she'd never been fed. Can't beat the all-time classic :)

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
Right now... I'd have to say my P. rufilata x2. Always great eaters, growing fast, rare colors, a hint of danger/excitement that keeps you in your best form everytime you're inside. Just beautiful! Owned since slings.

And as terrestrials, I just kind of fell in love for Brachys. I have a juvenile Boehmei and 2 Smithii slings and have plans for a couple others. The Boehmei just did it as my first 😍

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's a Peruvian commonly known as Thrixopelma sp cajamarca
Close, but no cigar. Thrixopelma didn't even cross my mind, heh :)

Right now... I'd have to say my P. rufilata x2. Always great eaters, growing fast, rare colors, a hint of danger/excitement that keeps you in your best form everytime you're inside. Just beautiful! Owned since slings.

And as terrestrials, I just kind of fell in love for Brachys. I have a juvenile Boehmei and 2 Smithii slings and have plans for a couple others. The Boehmei just did it as my first 😍
Brachys are nothing short of perfect ! Beautiful, generally docile, good appetite and long-lived. I want a klaasi, emilia and albiceps so bad :D

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very cool. I've never heard of it until now.
They can be a little bit difficult to find as they aren't often for sale. They are slow growers too so it takes a long time to mature. They are the calmest tarantula I've ever kept

Close, but no cigar. Thrixopelma didn't even cross my mind, heh :)
Thrixopelma is a genus that has pretty much everything even though it doesn't have many members

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm well aware of ockerti. The rest ? Not so much.
T sp cajamarca are as calm as H chilensis but 5" or so. T cyaneolum is very calm, T Laguna's can be skittish when young but beautiful blue colours. There is another tarantula from the Cusco area of Peru the Theraphosinae sp Cusco that is thought to be a Thrixopelma also but they are a little bit firey

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
T sp cajamarca are as calm as H chilensis but 5" or so. T cyaneolum is very calm, T Laguna's can be skittish when young but beautiful blue colours. There is another tarantula from the Cusco area of Peru the Theraphosinae sp Cusco that is thought to be a Thrixopelma also but they are a little bit firey
Interesting. The Theraphosinae sp. cusco is so beautiful. I saw one at a show that I was immediately draw to but it was way out of my price range.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
My favorite tarantula species will always be the Poecilotheria ornata. But my favorite genus without a doubt will always be the Theraphosa genus.