Favorite Tarantulas?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Phlogius crassipes has to be my favourite tarantula, it's the biggest bird eating species in Australia, and size matters, trust me. It's also pretty cool due to its barking noises it can make. If you're an Australian I would definitely recommend getting one. But due to Australia's strict export laws, you can only get Australian species inside Australia.
Yeah, that goes both ways though; there are very few Australian T's in the rest of the world's hobby due to those laws. Not many Australian hobbyists here on AB as well, which makes sense of course, since any question about their care is met with .'ehhm...i don't know'.
But there are a few, @jigalojey being one of them.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
T stirmi by a wide margin. she makes all my others look ordinary by comparison. I liked them all, but not like I like Doomsday.

Attachments

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I actually like my A. avicularia. She was my first of many tarantulas. She's so visible almost all the time! She's always plopped right up on the acrylic with her feet fully extended, almost saying "Look at me! I'm so fuzzy:p" And to top that, she's such a pleasure to feed. Normally really slow and delicate, she becomes a DEMON around food!

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
NWs: pretty much all Avicularias

OWs: C fimbriatus, P. subfusca lowland/bara and H maculata

Honorable mentions: everything else

Why: Who doesn't like a spider with pink feet? The C. fimbriatus, maculata and lowland just have always stood out to me from the rest.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My favourite is my Brachypelma Smithi girl. And that's just because I've had her the longest. When I decided to sell up a couple of years ago she's the only T that I kept.

I've since seen the light and bought some absolutely stunning T's. But she's still my favourite.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
It's hard to choose just one favorite, but personality-wise, I'd have to say Bulldozer, my juvenile Grammostola pulchra. She immediately investigates and eats (if edible) or takes possession of (if not) anything you put in the enclosure.

A close second is Skyler, my sub-adult Avicularia avicularia. She is frequently on display and has adorable pink feet.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Yeah, that goes both ways though; there are very few Australian T's in the rest of the world's hobby due to those laws. Not many Australian hobbyists here on AB as well, which makes sense of course, since any question about their care is met with .'ehhm...i don't know'.
But there are a few, @jigalojey being one of them.
Some of the old timers and very few others have Australian Ts. TMK the last time they were exported out of Australia was 2006 by Steve Nunn. I know he had to go through a lot of red tape to export them. They likely won't be exported again anytime soon. Being OW and mostly brown, they weren't very attractive to newbies, in turn, they really lacked in breeding efforts. This has resulted in the small numbers of Australian Ts in the hobby today.

WiltedRoseGold

Arachnopeon
Trying to start a fun thread:happy:

What is your favorite species of T, or what species would you like to get most?

I personally adore the C.lividum.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
There are several threads like this one, but that's irrelevant.

My favorite: H. chilensis
One I would like to get: H. namaquensis

Runner up

Favorite: B. schroederi
Future acquisition: P. auratus

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
My rosie. She's sorta got over her ping pong ball, but for the first couple of years she was a hoot moving it so it sat balanced on water dish in enclosure corner.
I do see her ping ball still moved from time to time even recently, but she ditched the water bowl balancing trick....

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
My fave is my LP there so under rated and the one I want most is T seledonia Just purely on looks nothing else