Whats your fav. Tarantula???? and why ????

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My fav tarantula is the Mexican Redknee becuase it really does just hit all the right buttons.:D

Ryan (my brother who also has tarantulas): My fav tarantula is the Stout leg Baboon! it wins me over with its over sized legs and "nice" temproment (ish) lol:D

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G. rosea

I love the G. rosea cause they remind me of me. Sometimes they can do nothing but just sit there, and others they can do something so silly it makes you fall over laughing.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's hard to pick, but I actually have 2 tied right now.

Grammostola rosea. Yeah I know they are the most common T around, but that's exactly it, they're so overrated that it makes me like them the most. Not to mention their color hues of pink and red are gorgeous.
Ceratgyrus spp. for aobvious reasons; the horns, attitude, and the insane amounts of webbing.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i dont know i think all of them i love b. smithi , emilia and boehemi. i also like the a. anax and hentzi complex
i really dont know any i dont like
If price wasnt an issue id love P. metallica but i dont think they are worth as much as they are currently selling for.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I haven't met one I don't like so far. They're all so different and variable in looks, personality, and habits its hard to pick just one favorite.

Looks: That's a tie currently...snaps to those who guess my favorite color. ;)

Psalmopoeus irminia - velvety black with the pumpkin orange leg swooshes..
Grammostola pulchra - shiny velvet black

Personality:

Avicularia sp. - They're all cute with their hunting antics and multitasking. My A. metallica can eat a roach larger than itself and be upside down adding more webbing to the edge of its tube home all at the same time.

Habits: It's a toss up..

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens - Webs EVERYTHING and then sits in the middle like its king/queen of the world.

Poecilotheria subfusca - Mine's got this elaborate subterranean retreat under the angled bark, but also has webbed up the corners into tubes and then takes chelicerae full of coconut coir and packs it onto the outside to camouflage the webbing, making sure not any single millimeter is missed, real methodical like.

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
fav

my fav out of all of mine is poecilotheria rufilata.because she is large ,semi rare,aboreal ,colorful.my only pokie.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks: That's a tie currently...snaps to those who guess my favorite color. ;)

Psalmopoeus irminia - velvety black with the pumpkin orange leg swooshes..
Grammostola pulchra - shiny velvet black
Can it be the same as mine??:eek: Black.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
there are sooo many i love:clap: but i must say haplopelma minax "pure sleek black evil"{D

omni

Arachnobaron
My 3/4" GBB sling because its active, webby, has neat color patterns for such a small spider :) and the colors will totally change when mature.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
out of my collection right now, p. ornata. hands down. :cool:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Since when?
since 3rd grade physical science lol

what we percieve as color is actually our intrepretation of reflected light. "white" things reflect a full sprectrum of light wavelengths so is all colors , "black" item absorb all wavelengths so it reflects no colors of the sprectrum thus is not a color but the absence of color.

or from wikipedia

Black is the shade of objects that do not reflect light in any part of the visible spectrum.

Scientifically black is not a hue (color); a black object absorbs all the colors of the visible spectrum and reflects none of them, this is sometimes confused with black being called 'a mixture of all colors' but that is not the case. In fact an object emitting or reflecting all colors would be white.

Last edited:

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
guys! why the hell are you all arguing about black being a colour or not?! :embarrassed: what else are you ment to call a black velvet? "oh, the colour of that tarantula is the absense of light!" ...... NO! its black. so how else would you explan the colour of somthing dark 'black'

so as i siad, whats your fav tarantula and why? cos thats why we are all here, we all LOVE tarantulas!!!
:D
pete

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so next time i black paint im actually not buying anything. :?
ask for "a gallon of no color." they'll probably ask if you want white though...nevermind.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
guys! why the hell are you all arguing about black being a colour or not?! :embarrassed: what else are you ment to call a black velvet? "oh, the colour of that tarantula is the absense of light!" ...... NO! its black. so how else would you explan the colour of somthing dark 'black'

so as i siad, whats your fav tarantula and why? cos thats why we are all here, we all LOVE tarantulas!!!
:D
pete
exactly!! who cares:wall: geez let's get back to the what's your favorite t.

The Shadow

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
omg my B. auratum is stunning. I might have to say it's my fav.