what's your "dream pede"?

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ay, there's someone selling the Malaysian Jewel right now in the FS section. That would be one of my dream pedes... don't think I'd be willing to spend $200 on it though.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ay, there's someone selling the Malaysian Jewel right now in the FS section. That would be one of my dream pedes... don't think I'd be willing to spend $200 on it though.

i'd be willing to, it's just import/export laws, keeping all the good stuff from us... :mad: oh well, maybe one day.

REAL

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
but IF there is one, i got first dibs, cause im gonna ride that big S.O.B to college everyday! {D. ridin' in style :cool: riiiiiiiiiiight after it eats my face for a bit :(
GET ALONG LIL.....centipede?

It'll be a new style of traveling, lets see you do a parallel park with that baby {D

If I die and I go to heaven (I'm a good person!) my first wish to God (for those that believe in Jesus) to show me all the coolest/undiscovered/unknown/rariest/weirdest animals or creatures in this world and maybe if there are other worlds out there, those too!

Of course I'll be completely protected and everything etc etc.

I would love to see the biggest centipede in the world! I'll name it.....

Scolopendra Nataramis (I just thought of that so...yeah)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i've had dreams about riding centipedes

i have also had very much reoccuring dreams about owning my own petstore that i managed to breed 3'/1m centipedes at. they looked more like soil centipedes than scolopendromorpha... and in my dreams they escaped a lot. best not think too deeply on that, i suppose

my dream centipede is pretty much bluering legs. achieve decent size, imported a lot to give us time to get CBB going, and they are nice with venom that seems (hopefully!) to not be very human active at all. oh, and they are blue, which is always nice.

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
My dream pede is a juvenile parthenogenic 27" BL Mylasian jewel that has a 20+++ yr life span.....Other than that, I'ld have to go with more gigantea, weak venom (in relation to some) extreme size, and a more laid back demenor than most.

REAL

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i've had dreams about riding centipedes
Since its coming from you Andrew....I find that very believable {D

I had a dream where one of my centipedes escaped and got on my bed while I was sleeping. I woke up in the kitchen the next morning and my gf's like

"why are we together again?"

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the s. hardwickei were pretty much my number one dream pede, until peter posted that jet black pede from madagascar. i am in love with that pede!!!

AlanMM

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the s. hardwickei were pretty much my number one dream pede, until peter posted that jet black pede from madagascar. i am in love with that pede!!!
Where's the link to that one?

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Where's the link to that one?
hey Alan,
I've seen them on the fair in Nijmegen, Peter had it with him
maybe you have missed it,.. rather small specie, but very nice nonetheless.

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey Alan,
I've seen them on the fair in Nijmegen, Peter had it with him
maybe you have missed it,.. rather small specie, but very nice nonetheless.
how big were they? i asked in the other thread, but i didn't see a response..

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
driver said:
how big were they? i asked in the other thread, but i didn't see a response..
from what i've seen aprox 12 cm, i hope 'if all goes well' i can tell ya more this week, i ordered 2 of those black madagascan ones. ( seller told me they were 17cm, so i think i will be happy if they reach 12 cm :rolleyes: )

driver said:
whoa, these little guys look rad, what are their adult colors like?
http://atshq.org/forum/showpost.php?...3&postcount=19
search for Scolopendra subspinipes subspinipes "Cherry Red colorform" ;)

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
from what i've seen aprox 12 cm, i hope 'if all goes well' i can tell ya more this week, i ordered 2 of those black madagascan ones. ( seller told me they were 17cm, so i think i will be happy if they reach 12 cm :rolleyes: )

search for Scolopendra subspinipes subspinipes "Cherry Red colorform" ;)
would you mind me asking where you foudn the little black pedes and if there's anymore available?

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine would be a Mau Chai and a Thai Giant. Easy to get but im moving in a month and I need to set up my reptile/invert room first.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
my dream centipede is pretty much bluering legs. achieve decent size, imported a lot to give us time to get CBB going, and they are nice with venom that seems (hopefully!) to not be very human active at all. oh, and they are blue, which is always nice.
refinement: i REALLY like the solid blue leg trigo's from Madagascar