what's your "dream pede"?

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what is your dream pede, the one you'd like to have in your possession more than any other?

this goes for centi's and milli's :D

mine are pretty obvious :rolleyes: : Scolopendra- gigantea/gigantea robustum, viridicornis, malaysian jewel, harwicki. :D i think out of ALL of those, i'd like to have viridicornis, or maybe hardwicki.. i have a hard time deciding between those two.

dan

bengerno

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi,

A living Malaysian jewel (actually I already have a dead one :D ), and those beautiful black and red cingulatas from Israel.:}

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think i'd be very happy if i could get my hands one some cormocephalus ssps from South Africa... Steven posted some pics of his a while ago and they did a pretty good impression on me ;).

I would really love to get my hands on some colorforms of sc.h.arizonensis and of course, the other big names... galapagoensis, hardwickei, gigantea, viridicornis plus some less known ones like sc.angulata, sc.hermosa and that crazy black one from Madagascar...

phil.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i saw pics of the angulata, i've heard of them but i never really had an interest in them... anyways, bengerno, i know someone in malaysia selling the Malaysian jewels :) he is on AB, but hardly ever gets on. i would get them, but of course import/export laws get in the way once again.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
those 3 SHC that i saw dissapear into a crack in the rocks in Long Horn Cavern...

REAL

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I want the ones in the galapagos islands. I hear they get to be about 2 ft or something.

I want a gigantea that is completely tame/pet-able to me and will sleep by my bed at night and stay there and learns how to do tricks

and kill all my enemies! MUAHAHAHAHHA :evil:

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
100% malaysian jewel, 0% harwickei. i just don't get the appeal of that one...

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I'd like something with human intelligence - speaks english and drinks tea. Oh and with a monacle. Yes. Yes I'd like that.

In all reality Scolopendra subspinipes because it's just a legend.

A legend!

:D but hard to get here.

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Another gigantea, mine died a while ago :( and viridicornis.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well i have my gigantea,so scratch that 1, hardwicki,virdicornis is on my top list ofcourse a malaysian jewel would be nice there are soooo many giants out there that i want:wall: ive got suspinipies(diff.locals)heros(diff.ones)alternans,ethmostigmas,but i want more!{D

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you should check the FS ads then talk to a dealer about importing them... someone is selling malaysian jewels *right now*

i've tried talking to a dealer about it about 3 months ago, but with no outcome :(

dan

bengerno

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ianyways, bengerno, i know someone in malaysia selling the Malaysian jewels :) he is on AB, but hardly ever gets on. i would get them, but of course import/export laws get in the way once again.
Hi,

Thanks I know someone there too. :D

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For me, besides the usual suspects (gigantea, viridicornis, galapagoensis, hardwicki)... I'd actually LOVE to get one of those sc. heros heros or arizonensis... just great colors and contrast on them :drool: :drool:

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
The Philipinian giant black,
(i only know it from 1 picture send to me 7 years ago)
total black body, blue legs and orange antennae, aprox 17cm BL.
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ps: hopefuly i''ll find the picture again to share it.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah.. and lucky you! you might actually be able to get the malaysian jewels :p

i think the ones that are being sold are around 200 USD. i think that's around norm price for those pedes. would be great if someone bred them... imagine that, CB M. jewel centi's :drool:

Last edited:

REAL

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What gets me excited is the thought that somewhere hidden in some forest or mountain or wherever is a super size giant centipede the makes all the centipedes that we think are big, look tiny.

What if there's like a 5ft centipede :eek:

Or ...... bigger!!

I always wanna be an explorer and go into unknown territory.

My new dream centipede:

The biggest species of centipede in the world that is tame-able and humans are immune to the poison and its really pretty with red, blue,green, black markings!! :}

and it can have babies without mating!!! muahahhahahahaaah

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What gets me excited is the thought that somewhere hidden in some forest or mountain or wherever is a super size giant centipede the makes all the centipedes that we think are big, look tiny.

What if there's like a 5ft centipede :eek:

Or ...... bigger!!

I always wanna be an explorer and go into unknown territory.

My new dream centipede:

The biggest species of centipede in the world that is tame-able and humans are immune to the poison and its really pretty with red, blue,green, black markings!! :}

and it can have babies without mating!!! muahahhahahahaaah

LOL nice dream... very unlikely.

5 ft wouldn't be possible, at least to my knowledge. you gotta look at the chitin levels, and the exoskeleton in general. the surface area to volume ratio when talking about pedes (and just inverts in general) has a maximum. a 5ft pede might not be able to support itself... but then again i'm not saying it's not possible (anything is possible) but very unlikely.

but IF there is one, i got first dibs, cause im gonna ride that big S.O.B to college everyday! {D. ridin' in style :cool: riiiiiiiiiiight after it eats my face for a bit :(