What's your best/worst display T ?

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
I don't mean in terms of color or size , I mean in terms of behavior ? Which of your Ts does the most strolling ? Mine is my B.albopilosum . She never hides even a little . When she is spooked she will only run for cover for maybe a minute or two . Then she's right out in the open again . On the flip side my least seen is my B.vagans . Never see this girl even a little .

~ no photo of the B.vagans as she never comes out to be photographed ~

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
I have a big p. regalis that, aside from pre-molt once a year, spends about 90% of her time on the glass right out in the open... (great shock value when guests come over, especially first-timers. It backfired once though, I literally had a date run screaming from my place when she saw my 'pet'.) My worst display T, like many I'm sure, is my h. lividum.... If I'm lucky I get to see the rump once in a while.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my best, hands down is my B. boehemi, he's always out and about, usually on top of his hide lording over his little world. he's fearless too, the only T that doesn't scramble when the top of its world comes off.

worst is probably my rosea, pet rock and pet hole who has yet to eat since may something or other. :wall: then again, i should know better than to expect more from a rosea, lol.

edit: worst (runner up) would be my P. murinus. see below. she's runner up because i've only had to deal with a week of this so far, the rosea has been a pet hole much longer :p

Last edited:

Vespula

Arachnodemon
All of my T's are good display t's. they're all pretty active and courageous.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
My best is my GBB. It's always out, usually smack dab in the middle of the enclosure on her hammock. Never fails to impress.

My worst is my P. "murinus TCF" (almost certainly lugardi, just waiting for a molt to confirm). She's built some kind of elaborate tunnel one night and has the entrances webbed off and covered with dirt 24/7. After it's creation she had stopped surfacing at night. She still eats though. The most I see of her is her four front legs for about a second when she takes a prey item down.

At least the lividum comes to the entrance of her burrow and stands outside it at night... I see her way more than my baboon :/

Jerm357

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My best is my boehemi, this guy never hides

My worst has got to be my H. mac. If it did not have a web I would not even know it was in there.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My worst is my P. "murinus TCF" (almost certainly lugardi, just waiting for a molt to confirm). She's built some kind of elaborate tunnel one night and has the entrances webbed off and covered with dirt 24/7. After it's creation she had stopped surfacing at night. She still eats though. The most I see of her is her four front legs for about a second when she takes a prey item down.
ugh, i forgot my newest T when i originally posted! this is pretty much my P. murinus described perfectly, since rehousing her last week. where is this webbing the crap out of everything people said??? she's in her little dirt tunnel/blanket and all i see is little orange feet (or booty) poking out occasionally now.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The Best is my male G.pulchripes... One my Fab Five... He's always out and ready to play....

The worst for me would be my M. robustum... She only likes to show me her behind:?,
Then kicks a few hairs and just bolts down to her comfy burrow.... This happens every time i open her lid or walk by to try and take a peek....:evil:.........
Then once you leave her be, she'll taunt u again within the next half hour.... By showing her behind near the opening of her burrow.... This one... she likes teasing me.... saying hehehe you cant catch me;P...
Little <EDIT>!!!

Peace...

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Best is either my P. platyomma, or C. cyaneopubescens. The one I never see is definitely E. cyanognathus I even see my P. muticus (King Baboon) more than my Blue fang, and he/she is my favorite of all my T's. :(

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey y'all, I wouldn't call it "worst" but the P ornata slings stay hidden entirely during the day, coming out only at night- which is par for the sp according to most observations, especially at such a young age. I still haven't seen anything from P.o. #1 but will check more in depth tonight.

All others stay out in the open most of the time. B. boehmei 1 and 2 use their burrows more extensively than the others but also frequently out and about.

:)

Terry

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Out of the few species I've kept, my B. albopilosum and boehmei have been the best, staying out all the time.

The worst was my B. vagans. I would barely get to see it, before I would turn on the light only to see it run into its burrow.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Best would be just one of the P.irminia, Speedy (though Pita is starting to get out more since her molt). If he's not in heavy premolt, he'll sit with his whole ventral side facing me in front of his hide. If there's noise that isn't too loud like talking or when the dogs are playing in my room, he'll come away from the hide and go for a stroll. :?{D

Worst have been the two L.violaceopes slings unless it's maybe after 10:30pm. :wall: Least they are making another nest by their vials for when they get too big for the vial. I see them a little more without all that cork bark in the vials.

winwin

Arachnoknight
B. Boehmei: has 2 hides but never uses them, would rather bite than kick hairs and doesn't freak out when I take the top off.
A. Geniculata: runs to the hide when I take the top off but comes out after a while.
P. Murinus: after the last molt it stays out even when I take the top off, doesn't hide when I take pics anymore, maybe it got used to me opening the top everyday?
P. Irminia: always visible, comes closer to the top when I open it(I think it knows that it is feeding time.)
C. Darlingi: is almost always out but it made a burrow recently but still comes out.

Worst:
H. Lividum: I can only see the butt or some legs or it comes out but rarely.
Orphnaecus Sp.: Likes to hide unless it is hungry.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Best.... LP, & P. pulcher
Worst.... S. cal, & E. murinus (I actually forgot I had this one once.. Im serious.. I have not seen it since I rehomed it.. Its about 1.5"..)