What's your best/worst display T ?

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Best: adult female Heteroscodra maculata - comes out of her tube web to wander around every night. It's like clockwork. I find it hard to believe the archetypal "recluse" label hobbyists have placed on this species; mine is anything but a recluse.

Worst: adult female Poecilotheria formosa - Almost never comes out of her cork bark hide; if not for the way I set up the tank (with her hide next to the glass), I would probably see her no more than 10 times a year.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Best: adult female P. regalis

Worst: juvie male O. aureotibialis...I would say our adult female but at least I see her legs when we feed her...I haven't seen our male in a year...he built a trapdoor and the only way I know he's alive is because food disappears. I don't even know how big he is now.

Cass

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Best= Aphonopelma all mine display

Worst= I don't own any that hide away

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Best - Aphonopelma hentzi. Always out and roaming, she seems to do most of her burrowing at night.

Worst - Holothele incei. Only comes out late at night. :(

OrdoMallus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Best: Lasiadora Difficilis, always out and never hides, she's very mean but atleast is always out and doesn't spook easily. My Xenethis Immanis Penultimate male is definately a close second, he is always out and constantly active and is getting more mellow with time and doesn't immediately bolt for his hide anymore.

Worst: definately my Thrixopelma Ockerti male, he's such a little jerk, bites anything that comes near him, constantly kicks hairs and runs away to hide. My H. Lividum stays in burrow but I have her in an enclosure that I can see her a bit through the sides (its kinda half webbed over, but if you shine a light you can see)

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
I should have included my new river in the worst category . I never see this T .

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It backfired once though, I literally had a date run screaming from my place when she saw my 'pet'.)
wait,you didn't tell her you kept T's?then she came over and ran away screamin?how did that go?lol!

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
best one is b. vagans and p. irminia. worst is p. lugardi and m. balfouri. i actually see my m. balfouri a quarter of the time i walk in. still very beautiful when it pops out.

mozkaynak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
best one is b. vagans and p. irminia. worst is p. lugardi and m. balfouri. i actually see my m. balfouri a quarter of the time i walk in. still very beautiful when it pops out.
Based on my experience, my readings of this posts, B. vagans hide often when they are young.

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Based on my experience, my readings of this posts, B. vagans hide often when they are young.
really? my b. vagans never hid and i had it since it was a 1st instar. i gave it plenty of hiding spots, but it was always out in the open. weird.. haha.

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
wait,you didn't tell her you kept T's?then she came over and ran away screamin?how did that go?lol!
I told her... She thought I was kidding. It was actually one of the funniest experiences of my life. I can't think of her running away with her arms flailing without smiling. :) Despite her fear of spiders, it actually worked pretty well until I got transferred to Mil-town. I had to cover up the display tank in my living room whenever she was over, though. :rolleyes:

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Best display T is drinking, the worst display T has not been kept by me.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My best display Ts... basically everyone is out and about, but my female C. fasciatum is ALWAYS topside. Even my burrowers like P. lugardi, H. gigas, and H. albo have burrowed against the side where I can see them sometimes... except...

The worst... one P. lugardi sling made a burrow down the MIDDLE of his enclosure, and I haven't seen him since I put him in there! I am really frustrated with the little jerk lol

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
Best is most likely my B.Smithi or Largest Female G.Rosea! they are alwaysout and about!

Worst is probably my H.Villosella. Pretty T and cool webs but I rarely see this lil guy

thumpersalley

Roach Lovers Mom
Old Timer
Out all of the time: LP, G. rosea, P. regalis & GGB
Never out: H. lividum
All of the others are out at least once a day or at night. Kim

mischiefhaze

Arachnopeon
My 2" P. Irminia is a close second now that it is out of it's hole a lot, but I have to say the best is one of my H. Mac's. So far it stays out. It's right at four inches. And it feeds like a beast.

The worst is one of my P. Pederseni's (1 1/4"). It has burrowed a small motte around the bottom of the cork bark, and stays hidden at the bottom of it.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
here are my best display Ts :)

Wow! Can't wait 'til my pulchra look like that.

The P ornata are beginning to vie for top spot in this respect. Although nearly all of my terrrestrials are often out in full view, they're often flat on the sub. The ornata have been displaying nicely in a vertical position on their bark as of recent. :clap: