What's wrong with my P. sp. Machalla?

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
So my 2.5" juvie just molted as she isn't doing so well. She was fairing well after she molted, but now, three days later, she's hardly moving. I put her on her water dish and she drank a bunch, but that doesn't seem to be helping much. Her legs are still curled up beneath her and her back legs are in the air. What should I do besides leaving her?

Attachments

Trenor

Arachnoprince
There isn't much you can do right now besides keep fresh water where she can reach it and wait.

I hope she gets better.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Water is always the key. After such effort, your spider is obviously weak. Btw man isn't that enclosure a bit little?

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Water is always the key. After such effort, your spider is obviously weak. Btw man isn't that enclosure a bit little?
Yep, she just molted. Before that she was in my rehouse pile with about seven other spiders. It's hard finding suitible containers up north that aren't super expensive. At least right now it is.

She's about 2.5" in a 4" wide tank. Her molt is propt up against the side so it might look a bit larger. She was about just under 2" before.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It's hard finding suitible containers up north that aren't super expensive. At least right now it is.
For cheap options just use a Rubbermaid or Sterilite container or something. I got a pack of 3 of them from Wal Mart for like 5 bucks and they're a good size.

DPetsche

Arachnopeon
Yep, she just molted. Before that she was in my rehouse pile with about seven other spiders. It's hard finding suitible containers up north that aren't super expensive. At least right now it is.

She's about 2.5" in a 4" wide tank. Her molt is propt up against the side so it might look a bit larger. She was about just under 2" before.
I get what you're saying. Not because I can't find containers, they're everywhere, heck we the Container Store! I get not being able to find the right containers though. I have the issue all the time. Just keep an open mind and you'll find some stuff. Order some good Chinese food and keep them in those plastic containers the food comes in! Order some plexi-glass and silicon glue online and build your own enclosure. The possibilities are endless really!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I can find them but the problem is most aren't clear. I really get little enjoyment at seeing a blurry black/greyish mass moving around in a mostly opaque container. I bought 3 brands of deli cups before I found one clear enough I wanted to use it. My sisters are still packing lunches and storing soup in the others I gave them.

Clarity is one of the big requirements in an container I plan to use as an enclosure. Correct size, properly secured top and easy to work with material are the other three.

Rather than local I prefer online shopping once I find what I am looking for. Easy order and it shows up at the door. :)

DPetsche

Arachnopeon
I can find them but the problem is most aren't clear. I really get little enjoyment at seeing a blurry black/greyish mass moving around in a mostly opaque container. I bought 3 brands of deli cups before I found one clear enough I wanted to use it. My sisters are still packing lunches and storing soup in the others I gave them.
Yeah I have that same issue. You find the perfect size and with an amazing top for a good price. Then of course it's super cloudy. There's no fun in not being able to see our Ts, that's the best part of the hobby!

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I don't know how much food people eat down south, but up north we tend to have smaller sizes. I keep my juvies and adults in shoe boxes and tote boxes. These shoe and tote boxes aren't always available and ones that are seem to be made with a water soluble product that might be toxic (hense why some products are labelled as food safe). I don't know about you but I'd rather make sure that my animals are safe and use ones that I know won't harm them. If you don't have anything productive to add simply don't comment. It's not hard.

DPetsche

Arachnopeon
I don't know how much food people eat down south, but up north we tend to have smaller sizes. I keep my juvies and adults in shoe boxes and tote boxes. These shoe and tote boxes aren't always available and ones that are seem to be made with a water soluble product that might be toxic (hense why some products are labelled as food safe). I don't know about you but I'd rather make sure that my animals are safe and use ones that I know won't harm them. If you don't have anything productive to add simply don't comment. It's not hard.
Nobody ever said anything about not wanting their Ts to be safe, so I'm not completely sure where you gathered that information from. I also don't remember seeing anything unproductive aside from the unnecessary rudeness. We were talking about the struggles that we run into when trying to find good enclosures for our Ts, which obviously an enclosure doesn't even make the list for consideration or complaints of opacity if it isn't safe for our Ts. Unless I'm mistaken, these forums are to help people, answer questions, share experiences, and also socialize with fellow hobbyists at the same time. If that's a crime, then throw me in prison.