What's Wrong with my Klaasi?

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have had my B. Klaasi for about a year now and during this time it hasn't grown at all. Not eating, not moulting...was wondering if anyone has had this same experience or if you have any advice. :confused:

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very odd for it size, i wouldnt worry tremendously. it looks to be healthy

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
With brachys at that size I have found that keeping them a little more wet then the adults is not a bad thing...... also make the container alot smaller. maybe hes having a hard time finding and chasing things you put in there for food.

rice_smuggler

Arachnopeon
^ I agree w/ talkenlate04, my Brachy slings (vegans, albopilosum, smithi) are kept on slightly moist peat on one side of their vial and all are molting and eating. Give that a try and like mentioned if your enclosure is too big try keeping it in a smaller container, diameter preferably not bigger than twice the legspan.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with the above and I'll add that Brachypelma spp. and alot of your desert dwelling species will go off feed for no reason. All I can say is keep your Brachypelma klaasi well hydrated and offer food to it every once in a while and it should be fine.

Brian

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ditto to all of the above. It is unusual for a sling, but he/she looks really healthy. On the bright side... slower growth means a longer life. :)

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello!

Such things readily happens with some species like Brachypelma spp, Aphonopelma spp. and Grammostola spp. (especially G. rosea and G. pulchra).
If You want the sling to grow and molt faster (sooner) You should made contrastly different conditions... just it... but sure these conditions should be in "reasonable limits" for this species.
Good luck!