What's wrong with my GBB's fang?

VinceG

Arachnobaron
My Chromatopelma Cyanopubescens molted a few days ago.
Today, I was going to take some pictures of her, but I noticed those weird fangs.. one is getting harder ( now dark red ), but one is still white, and look broken... Is it? What should I do?

Here is a picture if it can help someone....

Thanks

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It appears that it's broken a fang, it should be fine as long as the other fang is still good.

VinceG

Arachnobaron
Thanks for the answers! I guess she'll be ok as long as she eats fine!

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Yeah looks like she tried to bite into something while still tender...She should be fine with one fang for eating, until her next few molts...Im not clear if they re grow fangs or not?...

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You people amaze me, I can't even find the fangs in that picture........I need circles and pointers to help me find what you all look at so easily.

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That out-of-focus horizonal beige streak could be the broken fang everyone is seeing, if it's still attached.

Yes, Ts can regenerate fangs and yes, they can eat with only one. Excellent picture, by the way. :) What's odd to me is that the "stub" looks like it is missing all the setae completely.

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What's odd to me is that the "stub" looks like it is missing all the setae completely.
That is odd, even if she did break her fang, why would she be loosing setae on her chelicerae? Could it be an infection of some sort? Not meaning to stress the OP, just a curious inquiry.

Lorum

Arachnosquire
That is odd, even if she did break her fang, why would she be loosing setae on her chelicerae?
Most probably a bad molt. I think she broke her fang while moulting, and not after that.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the answers! I guess she'll be ok as long as she eats fine!
Yes, as long as she can eat she should be fine. The real problem is when the lining from their mouth to their sucking stomach doesn't molt properly. Or if both fangs break. Keep us updated on her progress as far as eating and such. I'd be interested in seeing how she does!

Spiral_Stairs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That out-of-focus horizonal beige streak could be the broken fang everyone is seeing, if it's still attached.

Yes, Ts can regenerate fangs and yes, they can eat with only one. Excellent picture, by the way. :) What's odd to me is that the "stub" looks like it is missing all the setae completely.
Yeah I noticed that too. Probably just got a little stuck in the molt. No biggie. Very cool picture though. I had an A. avicularia that lost both it's fangs one time and I managed to keep it alive with "cricket soup" until it molted again and regenerated them.