Whats wrong with my Blondi?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My blondi has been acting kinda weird the last month or so. She not very active and she's rejecting mice and crickets. She's also spending alot of time sitting in her water bowl. I really don't understand because her humidity is about 70-75%. She's housed in a 20 long with about 6 inches of peat moss, some decor and a flower pot hide. I don't know how much this means but I know she's wild caught and hasn't molted since i've had her ( about 6-8 months ) Her abdomen is plump and bald but not dark. I would like to know what I should do if anything and if I should worry? Thanks

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My blondi has been acting kinda weird the last month or so. She not very active and she's rejecting mice and crickets. She's also spending alot of time sitting in her water bowl. I really don't understand because her humidity is about 70-75%. She's housed in a 20 long with about 6 inches of peat moss, some decor and a flower pot hide. I don't know how much this means but I know she's wild caught and hasn't molted since i've had her ( about 6-8 months ) Her abdomen is plump and bald but not dark. I would like to know what I should do if anything and if I should worry? Thanks
Mine did that for about a month then all of the sudden it darkened up and molted. Id bet thats what it is.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok thanks....I've been kinda worried about it and didn't know what to do. When should I offer her food again?

anderstd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine is darkened up now. But she had been doing the very things you just talked about. It was a chore keeping her watered since she was more or less living in her water dish.

mackids

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my guess would be a molt also. Don't be suprised if the weeks of lethargic behavior continues for a month or possibly more. My blondi was in premolt for a good 2 month before shedding her exo.

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What temperature are you keeping her in?
When considering the climate in the forested regions of French Guyana (where blondi are commonly found), it often times differs from how we keep our blondi in captivity.
Excerpt taken from a post made by Tarcan in another forum:
Average temperature of 26 Celsius (78.8 F) and humidity between 70% to 100% all year long

During the day 26 Celsius, at night 23 to 24 Celsius (73.4 to 75.2)

But temperatures recorded at 30 cm inside T. blondi burrows can be as low as 18.5 to 19 C (65.3 to 66.2) and humidity always between 90% to 100%.
Kind of gives a different light to the "hot and sort of humid" conditions we typically keep our blondi in, yeah?

My AF blondi was doing the same thing yours is now, with no immant signs of molt. She stopped the sluggish, hovering over the water dish behavior once I put her in a cooler room and significently raised her humidity (from about 75% to 90%)