What's with Ts and Watermelon?

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I actually have a theory:

Since you feed that to your roaches, maybe they started to attribute the watermelon essence to the roaches? If they are used to getting a watermelon gusher roach they maybe think the watermelon taste means roach.

BennyBTamachi

Arachnosquire
I remember the exact same story on the board a while back, with a piece of carrot this time, from @Ungoliant if my memory is correct... might have been for the same reason, looking for the water inside... Unless tarantulas are also starting to become vegan, who knows!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Picked up a small slice of watermelon rind and held it for at least an hour before dropping it. Hard to tell if they got anything out of it or if the rind had just desiccated partly on its own.
While your tarantulas are probably just drinking, some male salticids have shown a preference for sugar water over plain water.

I remember the exact same story on the board a while back, with a piece of carrot this time, from @Ungoliant if my memory is correct... might have been for the same reason, looking for the water inside... Unless tarantulas are also starting to become vegan, who knows!
Yes, that was my tarantula.