whats the most populer type of tarantula???

whats the most populer type of tarantula???

• Arboreal

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Terrestrial

Votes: 49 63.6%
  • Burrowing

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

christin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Popularity

I think terrestrials are more "popular", but personally I prefer arboreals. Lol, but even so I do have some of both :)

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I voted terrestrial, because I like them the most. What ppl in general like more, I have no idea.

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Arboreals are so popular right now! Pokies! Avics! Singapore blues! I like terrestrials better myself but as far as popularity goes, I think Aboreals are the catch of the day!

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i dont understand the question. I mean popularity in pets seems hard to figgure. Id say with the vast numbers of G. rosea being wild caught for the pet trade they are the most popular . but only because tey are cheap and what the pet stores carry. B. smithi used to fill that spot.

Personally i like them all. I have more terestrials now. Only one obligate burrower and one arboreal. I have another terrestrial coming and anothe arboreal ... hmm if singapore blue is arboreal lol i hear they like to burrow in captivity.
anyway

Last edited:

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
terrestrial

i voted for terrestrial for i love terrestrials...most of them ar docile although arboreals has docile beauties...but nontheless i like terrestrials:? :?

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i didn't think the question was quite specific enough. i went ahead and voted terrestrial because i believe that to be the most popular over all. There are a lot of T's sold in the pet trade and a great deal of those are terrestrial. If you asked specifically about T hobbyist, i would have voted aboreal.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I voted terrestrial, but it really depends on each indviduals opinion. You should have had a question like, "whats your favorite type of T?"

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well i think that Terrestrial are the most populer but aboreal seem to be the most interesting and most fasanating. so swing betwen the both, witch is why i posted this thread.
pete :D

dbozic

Arachnopeon
Hrvatska

I have Lasiodora klugi and i think that is interesting when he/she build that her tunnels and how do they make them , but as someone before sed everybody needs to have individual opinion.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I like Terrestrial sp. more than other kind, although I voted Arboreal because I've heard many people love them.. :D
..but I was wrong, terrestrial sp. is winning the contest ;P cool

rikimaku666

Arachnopeon
I voted Arboreal!
I can see where you're coming from if you think the question was a bit open, I think its aimed at personal preferance not popularity in the hobby!

My Fav's are pokies.

G.rosea is prob the most popular in the hobby for reasons already stated above.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I also feel it should have been more specific, but I went for Terrestrial as I think that your G rosea & B Smithi are some of the most sold T's. I'm sure just about everyone has at least one of the 2. That is the way I took the poll.