What's the Most Bizarre container...

captmarga

Arachnobaron
you have ever transported a T in?

I got Georgie (recently deceased MM hentzi) off the highway, knowing full well it was a male, and near maturity. What did I have in the packed car to put him in... a Pringles can. Wiped out with paper napkins, and he was in it for 10 minutes until I stopped at a dollar store and got a clear shoebox!

So... aside from tupperware... what's the most bizarre thing you've used to house or transport a T?

Marga

sn95

Arachnopeon
I had a P. irminia sling in a old Parmesan cheese container.

Kuro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wierdest container here was a clean unused urine sample cup...got lots of wierd looks when i told people what kind of containers they were.

they never had anything in them besides eco earth and the t's themselves so there was no problem using them.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wierdest container here was a clean unused urine sample cup...got lots of wierd looks when i told people what kind of containers they were.

they never had anything in them besides eco earth and the t's themselves so there was no problem using them.
House a T... i was working at a pizza place and we had a GIANT HUGE plastic jar with peppers in it. when the peppers where gone i stole the jar, drank some of the juice then cleaned it for 4 days straight with bleach and boiling hot water. let it air out for another 3 days and the drilled a ton of holes in it. i will comfortably house a 6" P. regalis in it so im sure most any other arboreal would do fine in it.

Transport a T... My hand. While driving one time i hit the breaks hard enough to have the deli in the passanger seat fall over, the lid wasnt on tight so it popped off and the T came walking out. i grabbed the T and deli went down the to floor of the car. i drove almost 4 miles down the highway holding this tarantula until i could pull off at an exit and put the poor thing back in the container and safely put the lid back on.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We kept an A. versicolor in a dried beef jar for a bit. Just cleaned it out thoroughly, before adding a small amount of substrate and a stick. That was before we started making our own enclosures though. :)

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Transport a T... My hand. While driving one time i hit the breaks hard enough to have the deli in the passanger seat fall over, the lid wasnt on tight so it popped off and the T came walking out. i grabbed the T and deli went down the to floor of the car. i drove almost 4 miles down the highway holding this tarantula until i could pull off at an exit and put the poor thing back in the container and safely put the lid back on.
I must ask, what kind of T? I'm guessing it wasn't an OW :D

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I wouldn't put it passed him. :p
Thank you Toni. Yes, it was Eucratoscelus pachypus. I'm pretty sure that T didnt read the manual on "How to be a baboon spider" becuz ive had several encounters where i end up holding that species and they are always docile as can be. NOT that im recommending to go out and try to hold your baboons but this one seems to be pretty much the calmest OW ive come across. :?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you Toni. Yes, it was Eucratoscelus pachypus. I'm pretty sure that T didnt read the manual on "How to be a baboon spider" becuz ive had several encounters where i end up holding that species and they are always docile as can be. NOT that im recommending to go out and try to hold your baboons but this one seems to be pretty much the calmest OW ive come across. :?
Actually i've heard that seems to be the norm with them. Still regret not jumping on a female posted in the sales forum a couple of months ago for $10.

Sutekh

Arachnopeon
That is gangsta!!!

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Um... I've carried a tarantula home in it's water dish. When i first got my rosie, Smiling Jack, he wouldn't leave his waterdish for a couple of hours. The dish was in it's terrarium, but still he wouldn't leave it. When he did leave it, he webbed up half of the tank, so I guess he was just unhappy to be traveling. :)