What's the longest time...

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that you've had a T have a shiny, dark rump like this one? I noticed the abdomen was black last Wednesday (15 December) and was really expecting a molt at the latest by Friday or Saturday. Here we are Monday morning, still no T on its back. I knew it might take a week or so, but was really hoping for a molt a couple days after the black showed up.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
6 days is the longest I have taken note of. It will molt though, so just keep playing the waiting game. :)

After it molts though,(and have waited a week or so) you might want to add some more substrate to that enclosure to help prevent injury from a fall. A good rule of thumb is a legspan and a half from the top of the substrate to the top of the enclosure. :)

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
6 days is the longest I have taken note of. It will molt though, so just keep playing the waiting game. :)

After it molts though,(and have waited a week or so) you might want to add some more substrate to that enclosure to help prevent injury from a fall. A good rule of thumb is a legspan and a half from the top of the substrate to the top of the enclosure. :)
I've definitely been thinking of adding more, but I was waiting for the upcoming molt. I don't want to stress the little bugger out anymore than it is right now with all the changes going on in its body underneath this soon to be old exterior.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It will molt soon. There is a 98% probability that it will molt while you are either at school/work or sleeping. They deliberately molt when we're not looking just to mess with us.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My G. rosea has had a very dark patch on her abdomen for about 3 months now. She isnt kicking hairs so I doubt she will molt soon.

PS: she also hasnt eaten in 4 months.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My G. rosea has had a very dark patch on her abdomen for about 3 months now. She isnt kicking hairs so I doubt she will molt soon.

PS: she also hasnt eaten in 4 months.
Is it shiny like the pic though and how big is you G. rosea?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a male L. parahybana with a shiny abdomen just like the OP's T... He stayed shiny & black for almost a month... He was 4"..

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i've had them stay like that for well over a month before... i have a theraphosa sp that has had a black abdomen for over 3 weeks now, it's beginning to irritate me:mad:

losct2381

Arachnosquire
I had a g rosea like that for about a month and a cople of days it drove me crazy. I would St my alarm for the middle of the night to check even thought to get a one of those Internet video cam sets they sell in Costco so I could check thru my phone while I was at work. But my wife fliped out telling me I was crazy and had arachnid OCD lol. But dude it'll happen soon it looks like but hey we never know I got a t- spinipes in pre molt for like 2 months now won't eat and is very lazy almost looks like it's dieng sometimes but he's done this before so I'm calm

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I realized after re-reading, that I did not state the sizes of the Ts I was using as my measuring stick and since they have all been spiderlings and small juvies, that should probably have been included. :eek: